13. is this the end of all endings?

I'm not too busy this week and decided I would wrap this fic up. This chapter's the last chapter so brace for it guys, it's gonna be a lot at once.

It's going to be different from the usual chapters. It will be told through short flashes of various scenes.

I figure it'd be satisfying to end off a book on the 13th chapter :)

December 13th

The cake looked absolutely gorgeous sitting on the table. Gigi had it custom made for Taylor's 31st birthday and Taylor was absolutely in love with it. It was a cat-inspired cake, very much resembling the latest addition to her family, Benji. 

"Does Benji love it?" Gigi asked as she eyed the kitten sitting calmly in Taylor's arms.  The kitten had stirred from the comfort of her arms, observing the cake with curiosity for a mere few seconds before going back to lying in Taylor's arms.

"I guess that's a yes," Taylor nodded, softly petting Benji's white fur.

"Oh my god, I still can't believe you're 30 fucking 1, T!" 

Taylor jokingly scoffed at the reminder. "Gee, way to make me feel old."  Gigi gave a soft chuckle as she brought a hand to play with the cat. "Time goes by so fast. I'm 31 and you're going to be a mother, Gigi. Can you believe that?" 

Gigi stumbled back immediately and brought her index finger up to her lips. "Could you be any louder!"

Taylor's cheek heated away, realizing that Gigi's news was still very much a secret. "My bad."

More of Taylor's friends began to crowd up the room as the minutes passed by. With every guest's arrival, she turned to the door and hoped it would be her favorite green-eyed, brown-haired muse.

After scanning for hours, her eyes finally landed upon him. "You made it!" She shrieked, going to greet him the second he entered past the doorway entrance.

"I couldn't miss your 31st birthday. It's too special."

Taylor looked at him in bemusement, "how so?"

"Well, it's 13 backward, isn't it?" 

She chewed on her lip, trying very hard to hold back a smirk. "Stop, you're going to give me ideas."

"I don't mind," Harry returned a coy smile.

She later dragged him to where her central circle of friends was. There was Gigi, Selena, Ed, and Niall. She smiled, watching Harry make conversation with them. God, she had forgotten how friendly he was. He could be friends with literally anyone in a day.

When the celebration was over, and everyone was done with the cake and had left the scene, only Taylor and Harry remained. They cleaned up Taylor's living room together, ridding leftover remnants of cake and throwing out discarded gift wraps and balloons. 

When they were finally done and exhausted to the bone, they sat down on the couch, grinning at each other despite their exhaustion. Amidst the comfortable silence, Harry began to speak.

"Do you remember that deal we jokingly made years ago?"

Taylor tilted her head in interest. "What deal?"

"It was at the VMAs afterparty. You said if we were still single in our 30s', we'd marry each other."

Taylor laughed. They had gotten comfortable in the past few weeks and somehow, everything kind of felt platonic.  Strangely, they had smoothly moved past the car kiss like mature adults. "Jokingly for a reason," she repeated. "Besides, I'm not single. "