2- 𝐖𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐰𝐞 𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞, 𝐰𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧

"Harry," Taylor greeted awkwardly. There was nothing Taylor wanted to do more than stab Ed at the moment. How could Ed betray her like this? A plastered smile spread across Taylor's face, but Harry wasn't having any of it.

"You're furious," Harry noted as if reading her were like the flip of his hands.

"I am not," Taylor said defensively.

"You are." Taylor figured the more she made contact with him, the more she would allow herself to be exposed to him. She turned her gaze down and she felt his stare burning through her skin. 'You're avoiding eye contact because you don't want to show you're angry." Taylor pursed her lips, giving up her act of concealment.

Pressing her lips firmly into a thin smile, she put her hands up to her waist and looked at him. "Fine," she admitted. "I am mad, I want to strangle my hands around you and rattle you for being so dumb."

"Bloody serious?"

"Yes!"

Harry gave a smug grin. "It was payback. You thought I was going to stay silent all this time?" Taylor rolled her eyes. "It was a good laugh, wasn't it? I know you were amused, come on, let it out," Harry pleaded, waiting for her to crack up but she remained put. "I have no choice then," Harry decided firmly, beginning to tickle Taylor's side.

"You can't do that!"

"Hm, I've missed you. C'mon, let's have a drink," Harry didn't wait for her acceptance to his invitation as he had already started walking to the bar. This was Taylor's opportunity to abandon him, after all he was trouble and she knew for a fact she would regret it tomorrow. But, she found her heels dragging her over to the bar. Her body always betrayed her conscious mind.

"Ah, wine, vodka, champagne?" Harry asked, sensing her presence without having to turn.

"Wine."

Harry poured her a glass of wine and himself a glass of vodka. "Tell me about 1994," Taylor demanded softly, and immediately began to regret it.

"Tell you what about it exactly?"

"Forget it." At this, Harry frowned, playing with the rings on his finger in irritation.

"You wanted to ask if I wrote it from my heart?" Harry inquired. Taylor stayed quiet, that was exactly what she wanted to ask. "Well, I did. Every ounce of that album is pure and honest emotions." Taylor felt an abundance of heat rush back and forth through her cheeks. She stood up, taking her drink in one hand.

"What are you doing?" Harry asked, questioning her sudden action.

"I'm sorry, I can't do this," she gathered up all her courage, ready to dismiss herself from his life once more.

"Do what? Can't we just have a conversation as friends?" His eyes landed on the ring displayed on her finger, which she was purposefully putting out. Harry frowned, biting the inside of his cheeks as he looked away. Taylor digested in his words, scoffing to herself. Those were the same words he said years back, and that didn't end up well. He and her both knew well that they could never truly be friends, but he was the delusional one who still dared.

"We can never be just friends Harry," Taylor said harshly, feeling her throat become dry.

"We can," he argued. Taylor wondered if this was the moment to leave him there, but her heels remained glued.

"We should collaborate on a song," Harry spoke amidst the tension that had risen between them just a few seconds ago.

Taylor clicked her tongue, "we already did."

"That one doesn't count."

He was talking about the song they wrote and recorded together back in 2012, the one that they never got to make public. It ended up being sold off to a couple who made music together. I Love You, was its name.

"Think about it, Taylor."

"Yeah, okay." Taylor didn't know if he was being serious or not.

"Is he the one?"

Taylor was puzzled for a moment before catching on. "I think so." She was instantly disappointed by her answer, disappointed that she didn't sound so sure. Joe was the one for her, and she knew it.

"Do you love him?"

"I do." Silence fell between them once more, and Taylor took the sudden opportunity to take a seat across him in the bar. "I thought I would be lonely forever, you know? I was convinced I was unlovable and that I would never find that person for me, and that soulmates didn't exist. It took time, but then I found Joe, and I think he's the one. One day, you'll find your soulmate too," she put a hand on his broad shoulders in a comforting manner.

What if my soulmate is the one sitting across from me right now? Harry's inner voice rang through his ears, and he shook his head vigorously. "Yeah, I hope I find them," Harry agreed in an unconvinced tone.

"I'm happy for you, Taylor," he admitted out of honesty.

"You know what, you should come to my wedding," Taylor stated surely. "It's in February, and I would be so glad if you would come." Taylor looked at him beggingly, searching for any answers conveyed through his eyes.

"I don't know Taylor... with my tour going on and..."

"It's just one day, pretty please," She held her hand up, practically begging him.

"Alright, alright!" He chuckled in defeat and Taylor pounced on him, hugging him so dearly. She smelled like roses up close, Harry was disappointed when she pulled away.

"I never liked Calvin," Harry admitted shyly, causing Taylor to giggle.

"That was a random confession," Taylor noted.

"Well, I thought you should know."

"I already know," she confessed as a proud grin etched onto Harry's expression. "Are you ever going to get the band back together or do you plan on being solo forever?"

Harry frowned at her question, it wasn't like he hadn't been asked this before. "I'm not sure. I've been thinking about acting too, it's all too complicated."

"You were incredible in Dunkirk, I didn't know you had that in you!" Taylor gasped, giving him a firm push at his shoulders in a joking manner.

"I'm a man of many talents," he bowed, and Taylor clapped wildly. She could feel the alcohol starting to kick in but that didn't stop her from pouring in more.

"I can't believe I'm 30, can you believe that?" Taylor cupped her face with her palms and let out a loud sigh.

Harry shook his head, "you are aging like fine wine ma'am. I don't know about you, but you're still looking 22," Taylor scrunched her nose, cringing at his dumb pun.

"Oh, that was bad. Don't do that," Taylor shook her head, feeling very embarrassed for him.

"I shall do that," he rebutted, pressing a finger down her button nose.

"No, no, no!"

"Come on, I'm totally genius at this stuff," Harry whined.

"It's the sign of the time telling me I shouldn't be your friend." Taylor announced, and Harry made an 'ah' sound at her challenge.

"Look what you made us do."

Taylor giggled, "we're making midnight memories."

"Long live these memories."

"Nobody compares to us!"

Harry let out a sigh. "Ah, we never go out of style," Taylor's smile disappeared from her face for a split second before she laughed again.

"That's our song," Taylor declared. "It's the official song of the duo that is Harry and Taylor. Our friendship will never go out of style!" She exclaimed, as she stretched her arms and swayed them to beat of the distant background music. She took her glass of wine and held it towards Harry. "To our friendship!"

Harry's smile didn't reach his eyes, "To our friendship," he mumbled quietly.