4 -𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧, 𝐈 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮

A/N: Sorry for the delay, but here's the chapter! I don't see any comments but I would really appreciate if you gave comments on feedbacks and suggestions or even your reactions :) Thanks for reading and follow me on twitter at styleseclispe!

Taylor laid in bed in her London hotel room, letting the soft snores of Joe comfort her amidst the city's sprightful night. Today had been a good day. She and Joe enjoyed a date indoors- playing scrabble and watching movies alongside freshly buttered popcorn. Joe wasn't the best at scrabble, and his attempts were very lacking, but Taylor appreciated his effort. She let him win one round after beating him in every other consecutive one.

The movies made up for the dull scrabble rounds, and the day in general was a great big distraction for the reckless blob that was clouding her mind. It succeeded in pushing the blob back, but she found it resurfacing now, leaving her in unease of resting. She couldn't trust herself around Harry, and that night a few days ago was enough proof. She couldn't remember how it had happened, but it did. It was simply a slap to her face.

She looked back at Joe, who was sleeping his side opposite of her. Guilt wrenched her guts, bubbling in excessive amounts, enough to drown her internally. She wanted to tell him, it was the right thing to do. But telling him meant possibly losing a relationship she loved so dearly, she couldn't bear that again. What she and Joe had built was strong and durable and she would go to any length in maintaining it. If that meant keeping away a dirty secret, then so it be.

She had seen the voicemail from Harry, but she didn't dare open it. Taylor hated her drunk self for being too honest. She had told Harry drunkenly that she wanted him in her life as a friend no matter what, but in her prior sober state, she had explicitly told him that they could never be just friends. She had to make the sacrifice of leaving Harry out of her life for her better good.

This assurance to herself was rather a temporary fix. Hence why she sat up in bed, agonizing her decisions and thoughts. She kept eyeing the phone which sat still on the nightstand. She wanted to grab it but her conscious was keeping her pulled down. This went on for another hour or so until the resistance had bottled up and was at the edge of explosion. She lurched, making a grab before anxiously accessing through her contacts. She held the phone to her ear, briefly waiting for the voicemail to start.

When it did, she stayed put and made sure to listen to all of it without a single shift.

"Hi Taylor, I've missed you a lot. I saw your face yesterday and I heard your voice too when you were crying out my name but I still miss you a lot. I miss your hypocritical and selfish self. You're so fucking mannered, leaving me without any notice. Not a single word or anything! You know what, I won't fucking miss you, fuck that! You think you're the only one that can act as if nothing happened? Well, two can play that game! I don't need you, I don't need hypocritical bitches like you stepping over my life anymore. I AM DONE. Have a great life Taylor, you won't hear for me again. Also, don't come crawling back to me when your engagement breaks off when he realizes who you truly are. That's what you always do, come crawling back to me and then you fucking slither away right after! I won't be available anymore, find someone else. Have a GREEAAT life, Taylor!"

When it was over, Taylor sat there with a blank expression. It was exactly what she had expected. She put the phone down on her lap and pondered at the wall.

_

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Harry asked in half confusion and half anger. He had a noticeable stubble and his upper lip area was dark. The bags under his eyes were more evident when his eyes narrowed to slits at the sight of her. "It's nearly 2 am!" He croaked out when she continued to enter his house without permission.