6- 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐨 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝, 𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐰𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤

Took quite a long time to write this, but hey, this is pretty long.

"Thank you, I'm shivering up here," Taylor sighed in relief as she grabbed the mug of hot chocolate that Selena had just made for them a few seconds ago. She took a small sip as Selena sat down next to her. Taylor immediately put the mug down on the tea table, letting the quick burn on her tongue ease.

Selena chuckled. "It's very hot,"

"You should've told me before I went to take a sip!"

"I just made it, what do you think it's going to be? Cold?" She rolled her eyes playfully, gazing down at her mug, playing with the rims of it with her perfectly manicured hands.

Taylor desperately tried to hold onto the last bits of warmth that had come with that one tiny sip, but it inevitably went away and she groaned. "Is the heater working?" Taylor looked over her shoulder to see that it was working perfectly fine.

"This winter has been the coldest out of all the recent ones," Selena noted, blowing on her hot chocolate, deciding it was at consumable temperature before taking a long sip.

"The cold hits the worst in New York," Taylor chimed in with a fake shiver. She was back in her Tribeca apartment, finding it her best chance as a getaway. After all, that was what New York was for. It was her secluded home, where she only existed amongst herself. You'd think it was a publicized life, it being New York and all, but it did magnificently in camouflaging herself with everyone else. She lived life as a normal person would here in New York City. And being here, post the disaster that had happened between her and Joe, was the most comfort she could get- alongside her favorite companion Selena.

The duo stayed silent as they finished up their hot chocolate, savoring up every ounce of warmth they received from each sip. Once Selena had swallowed down hers and finished putting it down, she took Taylor's hand and looked her in the eye with sincerity. "I've been patient bringing this topic up, but what's happened between you and Joe?"

Taylor's face immediately turned a shade of gloom, she dropped her gaze. "we're on a break," she said.

Selena persisted on, "that's not bad... but well, why?" Taylor tugged on the band on her finger, pulling on her middle finger until it snapped. "It's complicated," she delivered with a weary sigh. She couldn't believe that she wasn't telling Selena the full-on nightmare that went through that night. Selena, her best friend, her rock. Well, this was definitely a first, since Selena was always on her top contact list if she had crossed any heartbreak or any other disastrous situations. 

"Oh?" Selena said in disappointment and concerned, noticing the bluntness in Taylor's answer. "You don't look so good, you need some cheering up," Selena noted, her voice pitching into a higher tone as she began to suggest something else.

"What are you implying?" Taylor snickered, knowing these tactics of Selena Gomez very well.

"Niall's throwing a party for his second album release, let's go!"

Taylor had put down her mug as she laid down on the soft cushions of the couch, holding her head up with one hand as she looked up across to see Selena. "How come I didn't get an invitation?" She scrunched her nose, hinting a playful expression of hurt.

Selena chewed her lips, "it's a very private party, he only invited his close ones, but you can be my plus one, Niall will be fine with it! No, he will be delighted, you know how much of a big fan he is of you,"

Taylor raised a brow. "A plus one," She echoed off, looking into the distance before meeting gaze with Selena again. "What's that you said about his selective invitations? Close ones only, huh? You and Niall are close now then? Or are you more?" And with that, she wiggled her eyebrows and they duo both burst into laughter.