5- 𝐇𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐈 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐚𝐬𝐤 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫

The limousine made a screeching noise as it came to a halt. Taylor looked outside the window of the vehicle and noticed that the pouring precipitation had not condensed. The rain falling on the metallic roof of the limousine made pounding sounds at the collision. Taylor watched several men in uniformed black attire open their car door from the outside, blocking their views with the envelopment of several umbrellas.

A hand fell on her thigh and she looked to meet gaze with Joe, who was now holding out his hand for her. "Let's go?" She made a reach for his hand as they exited out the vehicle. "This rain is crazy, we're going to get wet!" He wrapped his arm around her waistline and they quickly walked towards the building, along with the swarming uniformed men that held umbrellas out for them. The hold on her hand felt slippery, which was explainable due to the rain. His grip was a little too uncomfortable as he leads forward, tugging her hand as the doors opened up for them.

She reminisced about the hotel nights and the early mornings and the parties- with Harry. Memories that had aged to dust, but still clung to her. How he would hold her hand or wrap his arm around her waist, walking the same pace as her as he assured that everything would be alright while hundreds of alarming cameras flashed. Yells and quick-witted comments thrown at them, but he would only hold her tighter and assure even more. And once they were safe in their own comfort zone with their presence being the only, they would stay holding onto each other's embrace, not letting go until the sun rose.

"Taylor, you can take it off," Taylor stopped the kaleidoscopes of thoughts and turned to see Emma staring at her with a look of care.

"Take what off?"

"Your coat, you're nearly drenched!" Taylor opened her mouth to reply in understanding but decided to just nod instead. She complied as she peeled off her coat before handing it over to Emma who quickly took it. "Now you and Joe wait over there and socialize, I'll meet you guys soon! I can't wait for you to see Joe's performance- he was superb!" The huge smile on Emma's face was contagious as Taylor smiled widely in return. 

"I'm so very excited," Taylor replied admiringly as she gave Joe, who was standing by her side, a nudge. He laughed nervously. "Okay, let's head inside," She added as she saw the paps and their camera flashes clouding up the glass walls.

Taylor remembered that party her and Harry had attended years prior. The scene laid out the same; with paps watching them interact from glass walls. It made her cringe. They had photographed their every move as they had stood in that room, it was a literal nightmare,

"Is my baby finally going to get the Oscar he deserves?" Taylor teasingly cooed as they stood privately in a secluded spot amongst the many people in the room. Joe rolled his eyes but his smile was very evident.

"Stop it, Tay, I'm only an amateur at this acting game," He responded, blushing.

Taylor shook her head, grasping his face in her hands. "Oh, you've come so far. Next thing I know, you'll be my superstar,"

"I'll never become the superstar that you are,"

Taylor blinked and dropped her hands from his face. "This has nothing to do with me," She pointed out, "I want to see you shine and today's one of those shining moments," She attached her hands back to his face, pulling him close so their noses almost touched. "I love you so much," But as she pronounced those feelings she started imagining the lingering touches on her skin, touches by someone who was not Joe. The sinful touches from nights prior.

"I love you too," Joe closed the space between them and Taylor was soon overthrown by the softness of his lips. But she stayed rigid and Joe quickly sensed the strange atmosphere. "What's wrong?"