𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝐹𝑜𝓊𝓇𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃

⤜✵⤛

"Up," I was jerked from the spot on the grass where I had been laying, pulled to my feet, my body bumping into a much firmer one.

Taking a moment to regain my bearings, I yawned before rubbing the sleep from my eyes. I must've fallen asleep last night, though I didn't remember doing so.

"It's morning already?" Gale spoke up behind me, sitting up from his laying down position. Standing up, he stretched, yawning.

"Yeah, it is, I woke up and almost thought you two were dead when I didn't see you in your original spots," Velut narrowed his gaze, his eyes traveling from Gale to me. "Then I came over here and the two of you were sleeping together. You two aren't slick, you know that?" He crossed his arms, smirking. "But you don't have to be with me," he winked, and I scoffed, rolling my eyes.

"First of all, we didn't." I looked back at Gale who looked as shocked and awkward as I felt. "We didn't, no, we didn't," I shook my head. "And I won't be doing that anytime soon," I frowned, trying my best to word my justification the right way. "Next topic" I quickly changed the subject, desperate to take the conversation off of Gale and me. "Where exactly are we going?" I asked, eyeing Velut, who grinned.

"Thought you'd never ask, darling," Velut smirked. "We're headed to a very lovely kingdom, a place known as, Eraecan," he informed both Gale and me with a swift movement of his hand.

"Is it close?" I asked, confused.

"Fairly. It's a great kingdom, though. I think you guys will like it a whole bunch," Velut spoke optimistically, turning away and taking one of the horse's reins, mounting the steed. Gale followed, mounting his, and I climbed up behind him.

"How long do you think it'll take to get there?" Gale asked, nudging his stallion forward, following Velut down the long, winding path ahead of us. It was a fairly promising day, with bright sunshine and big fluffy clouds, though I could see a few darker ones making their way towards the glistening sun, determined to cover its shining rays.

"A few hours, maybe," Velut answered plainly, and I frowned.

"What do you mean, a few hours? A few hours could mean anything," I interjected, and Velut turned around to meet my gaze.

"No worries, darling, you'll get your time with me,"  Velut dallied, and I glared at him, my eyes flashing a dangerous shade of blue. "Probably six hours, maybe seven," Velut quickly spoke after meeting my gaze for a mere second, then turning his head back to face front.

I frowned at his reaction. Did I intimidate him?

I definitely wasn't expecting that. I blinked away my shock before turning my head to the side, watching the trees slowly pass by as the horses trudged on lazily.

Seeing the road ahead of us, stretching for miles, I heaved a sigh. This was going to be a long day.

⤜✵⤛

"Come on," I pulled Gale through the forest with me, keeping my eye out for any kind of animal to hunt and later eat. Gripping Gale's hand, I made sure I didn't lose him among the many trees we were passing as we crept through the wilderness. I tried to keep track of everything we passed so we wouldn't get lost when we needed to get back. We had left Velut back with the supplies, trusting in him to not abandon us while we were out gathering food.

We'd been looking for an animal for what felt like forever, but had only been an hour. Suddenly noticing a raccoon in the distance, I stopped abruptly, Gale running into my back due to my quick halt.