𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎-𝒮𝒾𝓍

⤜✵⤛

I pushed on the large, metal doors to the stone building, a large creaking noise erupting as the doors were forced open. Slowly, Gale, Velut and I made our ways inside, glancing around the vast space before us, trying to look for anyone occupying the area.

By now, my heart was in my throat, and I could barely think over the pounding in my head. The room before us was extremely vast and open, with dark stoned walls that cast shadows through the floor. Up ahead sat a small seat that resembled a throne, made of iron, inscribed with tiny words from a language I was unaware of. A chandelier hung from the flat ceiling, small candles protruding from it's glimmering golden arms, allowing a dim light to sparkle across the shadows. The whole entire room gave me a nostalgic feel, and I kept trying to figure out why, although I kept coming to dead-ends whilst attempting to form a conclusion.

"Welcome, my younglings," a voice boomed from a side of the room. I jumped, jerking my hand away from the throne I had been about to touch, scrambling back towards Gale, who spun around, trying to find the source of the noise.

Almost as if on cue, a man appeared from a corner of the room that had been hidden by shadows, his sparkling gray eyes glowing like ominous clouds before a horrific storm. His nose was crooked, and his navy black hair was slicked back against his head. A small smile played upon his lips, and the very look of it sent shivers down my spine. The man was older, no doubt, I just wasn't quite sure how old. He looked extremely familiar to me, though, with his black tunic, leggings and boots.

The man looked over the three of us, and his smile deepened as he locked eyes with me, although it soured when he noticed Velut. Walking towards the makeshift throne before taking a seat on it, the man made himself comfortable as he settled in, shifting lazily before becoming deciding he was comfortable.

"I see you've found your way to my oasis. Now, why have you come here," he asked, intrigued, cocking a brow at Gale, who stepped forward, bowing slightly at the man before standing upright.

"Sir, as I assume you already know, there was an attack on a kingdom by the name of Arcadia two years ago by a....woman, named Ariane," he began. As my name was spoken, the man's eyes flicked towards me, and I shivered slightly, looking away.

"Ever since her attack, my people have lived in fear of what she may do to our kingdom, and so we have decided to set an end to that fear once and for all. This man, Velut-" Gale spoke, gesturing to the other male, who looked pale as a ghost, "-informed me that you may know the whereabouts of Ariane, and may be able to help us track her down to kill her, especially seeing as you created her," Gale finished, his tone firm and determined.

The man pondered what Gale had said for a moment before pointing to me.

"And her? What does she have to do with any of this?" He asked, his eyes glimmering with knowing. It seemed he already knew who I was, what I could do, and yet, he wanted to be amused by what Gale thought of me. The thought made me feel even worse as I stared back at the ground, my body shaking due to my fear.

"This, sir, is Aria," Gale nodded towards me, and the man let out a small laugh in response to the introduction Gale had given. "She is from my kingdom, and was brought with us to help hunt down Ariane."

"Is that so?" The man inquired, leaning his right elbow against the arm of the chair, propping his face up with his hand. I could feel his hard steely gaze on me as he spoke, and I stared at the ground with more intensity, trying to escape. Trying to disappear.

"Yes, sir, now may you please help us find-" Gale paused as the man held up his hand dismissively at Gale, his cold eyes still staring directly at me.