12

Okay, so I don't know if I mentioned a date, but I can't find one. So let's just say that it was Friday when Peter got the call, making today Saturday.

-Back at the tower-
Maddie wakes up, slowly a little confused at first. She remembers everything in an instant. Aunt May was dead, she was adopted by a Tony Stark. Her life was flipped upside down. She lied back down, not want to face everything when she heard a knock on the door. She pretended to be asleep and the person opened the door. She pretended to be asleep and when she heard Peter's voice.
"Go get Maddie Teddy. Go get her." Teddy jumped up on her bed and started licking her face. She started giggling. "Stop it Teddy, Stop it" she said playfully to the dog. As she rolled over to face Teddy, she saw Peter, Mr. Stark, Steve, and Black Widow looking in the room.
"Thought you might want a friend" Peter said. Maddie sat up and looked over.
"You were right."
"Are you hungry?" Tony asked. "A little" Maddie responded quietly. "How about you get dressed, and then meet us upstairs for breakfast. "Ok" Maddie replied. Mr. Stark closed the door and Maddie sat up. She walked into the bathroom, brushed her teeth and French braided her hair down her head. Some curly hairs by her ears, were too short to reach the braid, so they hung tucked behind her ears. She walked into the closet and found a pair of jean shorts and a baby blue t-shirt. She put them on and found a pair of white Nike sneakers in her size.
She turned off the lights and left the room, Teddy staying at her side. She walked into the elevator but realized there were no buttons. It started to move and her eyes got wide but a few seconds later the doors opened to a huge room. To the left, there were couches and a HUGE TV. To the right, there was a kitchen with a long table. All of the Avengers were there including Peter and Pepper Potts was also there. There is a bunch of food on the table. Tony sees her and calls her over.
"Maddie, here come sit." Maddie casually walks over and sits in the seat he was pointing to in between himself and Peter. "So what do you want to eat, there are some pancakes left, or eggs, bacon?"
"Umm, I'll have some eggs please." Maddie responds. Tony gets her a plate and fork, and puts some scrambled eggs on it. He hands it to her and she says "Thank you" and begins eating. It's only when Tony hears Clint begin to talk to Natasha that he realizes how quiet she had been talking. He looks over at Peter who is on his phone and then hears his phone go off. It looks at it. It's a text from Peter reading, 'She's really shy. Sorry forgot to mention that'. Tony replies with the thumbs up emoji then puts his phone away. Maddie is still eating, but doesn't seem very hungry.
"Hi! I'm Clint. So your Peter's sister?" Clint says to Maddie. She looks up and quietly says, "Hi, yeah I'm Madison or Maddie I mean whatever you want to call me."
"Hi Maddie I'm Natasha, you can call me Nat." Nat gets a little louder of a 'hi', followed by the same interaction with all the other avengers and Pepper. Clint could tell there was something different about Maddie. Not necessarily something bad, but something about her that made her different from everyone else. "So Maddie, what do you like to do?" Clint asks. "I play baseball." Maddie quietly answers looking down at her plate. "Really what position?" "I'm the pitcher." "She's really good." Peter butts in and Maddie gives him a look. "Her team is going to the state championship."
"That's so cool! Can I come?" Clint asks, which follows by all the other avengers and Pepper asking if they can come. Maddie plays with her food. "I mean if you want." Cheers come from some Avengers.
"So when is it?" Tony asks. "Two weeks from today." Maddie answers. Her eyes get wide as she come to a realization. "I had practice today!" She blurts out. "Don't worry, I told Josh what happened and he said he would explain everything to your coach. Also he wanted to see you to make sure you're okay, and Tony said he could so he's coming over today after practice."
"Thanks Peter" Maddie says quietly.
"Whose Josh? Is he your boyfriend?" Clint asks.
"No!" Maddie answers a little bit louder. "We're just friends we've been friends since we were born basically. He used to live in the apartment next to us."
The rest of breakfast goes well, Maddie stays quiet unless someone asks her a question. Peter talks a little but you can tell he is upset about Aunt May and the previous nights events. Everyone slowly finishes eating and goes to do different things.