15

Josh's mom called him to tell him to come home, about two hours after his arrival. He left, and now Maddie is laying on her bed staring up at the ceiling. Tony is in the lab, updating his suit, while Peter is in his own room. As Tony is updating his suit, he thinks about Maddie. He wants to get to know her better, but he doesn't want to push her or make her uncomfortable.

"FRIDAY, what's Maddie doing?" Tony asks his AI.

"Maddie is currently laying on her bed staring up at the ceiling. Should I tell her to make her way down to the lab?"

"No" Tony gets up from his seat and goes up to Peter's room. He knocks on the door, and Peter tells him to come in.

Tony walks in the room, to see Peter doing some equations in his notebook, while laying on his bed.

"I was wondering if you wanted to help me work on my suit?" Tony asks. 

"Sure!" Peter's face lights up. "Should we see if Maddie wants to see the lab?" 

"Yeah, she isn't really that into science but I think she might like it." Peter gets out of his bed and walks over to Tony. They make their way out of the room and Peter knocks on Maddie's door. 

"Come in" As they open the door, Maddie sits up from the position on the bed.

"We were wondering if you wanted to come down and see the lab. Its really cool, were going to work on his suit if you want to watch." Peter says. Maddie thinks about it for a second, making Tony really nervous. But the she smiles and responds.

"Sure that sounds like fun!"

"Ok, great!" Tony says.

----------------------------

They walk into the lab and Maddie looks around in awe. 

"Wow" Maddie says. Tony smirks they walk over to where Tony was working before. Tony pulls up a hologram of the suit he was working on.

"So this is the suit I'm working on right now." Tony says. "I'm updating the response time to my commands so that it works faster"

"That's cool." Maddie says.

"Peter do you want to work on the overall speed, while I work on the repulser speed?" Tony asks. "Sure" Peter responds, they both sit down at two of the three chairs at the desk. Maddie sits down at the third chair next to Peter. She looks around while they work. Her eye catches a picture frame, that has been put together but not sanded yet. there is a hologram of an intricate design next to it.

"What's that picture frame for?" Maddie asks. Tony looks over and sees what Maddie is talking about.

"Pepper wanted me to make a picture frame and carve that design into it, so we could hang up a picture in our room. The design was to complicated though, I'm just going to buy a picture frame." He responds.

"Could I try?" Maddie asks.

"Sure if you want. You can print the stencil out if you need" Tony responds. He figures in a couple minutes, she will decide it is too hard and give up.

"Ok" Maddie gets up and walks over to the frame. She takes one of the carving tools and gets to work.

After a couple of hours, FRIDAY alerts them that dinner is ready. Tony and Peter get up and walk over to where Maddie is working on the frame. They stand there in shock. The frame looks just like the design and Maddie wasn't even using a stencil.

"That's amazing" Tony says.

"When did you learn how to do that?" Peter asks.

"I'm in your woodshop class." Maddie answers.

"Yeah but we don't do stuff like that." Maddie smirks at that comment. Tony is still staring at the almost finished frame in shock.

"Wow" is all he can mutter. "Lets go eat" He manages to get out. They all leave the lab to head to the kitchen. Tony continues to look back at the frame as they leave.

I know the story is going slowly, I'm trying to make it go faster, but these moments are needed to get the feel for everyone's personalities and how they interact with others, and their relationships with others as the story goes on. I am going to start including Peter more because, I know most people read Spiderman fanfics to read about Spiderman/Peter Parker and I've drifted away from that and made Maddie the main character. New updates coming soon!