19

So sorry I haven't updated in 2 months! I kept forgetting, I'll try to make sure it doesn't happen again. Also I realized there was one chapter where I said Maddie was older than Peter. That was a mistake, they are twins like it said in the beginning of the story.

Maddie looks at the clock, 7:15 am. 'Ugh' she rolls back over. When she asked to go back to practice Monday, she didn't realize that was the day of the funeral so she decided she would start going again on Tuesday. Besides Josh wouldn't be at practice anyway since he was also attending the funeral. She had at least another hour and a half until she had to get ready to go to the funeral. She had spent the day before in her room or Peter's all day. She tried to deny Aunt May's passing at first, but then it hit her yesterday. She didn't know what she was going to do now. All she new was that she had to be strong for him, so yesterday was her day to be upset. Now she has to be strong.

Maddie walks into the kitchen, dressed in. A t-shirt and leggings since she had a while before she had to get ready. Clint, Peter, and Tony were there eating breakfast.
"Do you want something to eat?" Tony asks. Maddie sits next to Peter across from Tony and Clint.
"No thanks. I'm not hungry."
"Ok tell me if you change your mind. Or help yourself."
"Thank you" Maddie responds.
"You okay?" Peter whispers to her. Maddie smiles and nods her head yes.
"The funeral is at 11, so we need to leave here by 10 and it's 8 now, just to give you an idea of how much time you have." Tony says to Maddie and Peter.
"Ok" Peter responds and turns to Maddie. "You know I still think she'd like it."
"I said I'm not doing it." Maddie responds.
"Not doing what?" Clint asks.
"I think Maddie should sing a song at the funeral. 'Piece by Piece' to be more specific. It was my aunts favorite and she loved to listen to Maddie sing." Peter says.
"That's not a bad idea as long as your comfortable with it." Tony says to Maddie.
"I don't sing." Maddie says plainly.
"But you used to," Peter begs, "and your so good! Besides this phase of you not singing anymore needs to end."
"It's not a phase" Maddie says.
"Why'd you stop?" Clint asks.
"I don't know" Maddie says, "I guess it just reminded me of stuff."
"Bad stuff?" Clint asks.
"No, just stuff"
"So why not try it, your not going to regret it, just do it today." Clint says.
"I don't know, I don't think so." Maddie says.
"Pleeaaasse" Peter whines, "it's been so long since I've heard you sing." Maddie bits her lip.
"Fine, but just today, the one song. This is a one time thing."
"YES!" Peter exclaims.
"I'm gonna go find Teddy." Maddie says and leaves heading back to her room.
"She must really have not gotten over your uncle, to not even want to sing at the funeral." Tony says.
"Yeah, I wish should just go back to the way she was. Before everything, when she was happy no matter what was happening. She always looked on the bright side just like he did. Not anymore I guess though." Peter says
"These things take time. She might not ever be exactly the same, but she'll get happier." Tony says. "I know, but this whole thing with Aunt May passing, set her back again. I can tell it's starting to hit her that it's actually gone. I'm just scared she'll never be happy." Peter responds.
"She'll get through it. She's lucky to have a brother like you" Clint says.
"I am the best. Better than you at least" Peter teases.
"Hey! That's not what I said!" Clint says back.
"It's what I heard" Tony says.
"No!" Clint says. Peter and Tony get up laughing and walk out of the room.

New update in a couple of days.