important, please read...

So this isn't an update, and I'm so sorry for that. But something serious happened today and I wanted to let you guys know.

Basically, today I went swimming with my two friends and left after an hour and twenty minutes crying my eyes out.

I got assaulted in the pool.

The story is;
This little boy grabbed onto our float and forcefully tugged it. We said 'please can we have our float back?'. The kid swears his head off and says 'get a fucking life you fat c**t' turned to my friend and said to her 'this kid looks like a foetus'. (Aka I'm implying he looks like a child, it's not a bad thing) then the girl (who's like my age, 14) stares at me and screams 'why the fuck did you call my nephew a fucking feotus'

By this point, I was in shock, and when we turn around, because we weren't gonna resort to violence or have an argument, she grabs the back of my hair so hard I felt some come out and drags me underwater, screaming insults at me and punching me. She punched strong. I couldn't breathe, because I'm so short I can't stand in the water and it was by the 1.5m area. It also doesn't help I'm not a strong swimmer, so she was cursing at me, punching me, whilst I was underwater.

Friend 2 yanked her hair to get her off of me and carried me away. I wasn't crying yet, I was in such a state of shock but my other friend (friend 1) got into a fist fight with her then. That's when I started crying, my breathing picked up and the world was just spinning. It felt so long but happened in a span of about 5 minutes. I screamed at the girl to get off her, then I moved in front of friend 1 and got about four hard punches to the back of my head.

Let me just say: the people in the pool did nothing. The lifeguards did nothing. All the lifeguards did was blow their whistle and tell her to stop. Like she's gonna do that. friend 1 swung a punch at her then she walked off like nothing happened. We got called to get out the pool so they could check for injuries, the lifeguard there saying 'that looked like it hurt, are you alright?'. Excuse me, I just got attacked for no reason and you think I'm not in pain? My god.

So we went into the office, I was sobbing and my friend 1 was crying. Friend 2 wasn't crying, just shaking badly. Friend 1 managed to sport herself a black eye, a lump of her forehead and an injury on top of her head when she tried to protect me. (my two friends both know I'm sensitive and not a strong fighter)  I had a bad injury on the back of my head. It occurred at 2:38pm and know it's 7:14pm but my head is throbbing like crazy and hurts so badly. I had ice on it for like three hours and I've had two paracetamol.

The man who looked after is in the office was so kind, he gave us ice and asked us for our details, because he had to file an accident report. He also asked us for our side of the story and what happened. We then got put in a room to change in private so we wouldn't run into her in the changing room. My friend went to go get our stuff and apparently everyone was talking about what happened, but screw them.

We then got put in another room, and we met with my friends mum who reasurred. The girl was in a different room to us and told a different side of the story. She said we hurt her first. Apparently she wasn't bothered whilst we were crying and holding hands. The people asked us if we wanted to press charges and get the police involved. We said yes. Why the fuck would I not press charges? I got assaulted for no bloody reason. We also heard that the lifeguards thought we were 'messing around until they realised we weren't'.

Although, when the girls dad was coming to pick her up she seemed scared then. I believe this isn't the first fight she's been in, she's just not had the police involved. When she screamed at me, she had mascara dripping down her face as well.

She went to the police station as well, we got told that although she twisted the story at the dolphin centre (swimming area) she told the truth to the police as she realised the severity of the situation. She claimed that she 'never heard her nephew go off at us' and assumed I just said something bad about him. Which I didn't.  Since she told the truth, this means that I don't have to go down to the police station (thankfully) but we're still pressing charges against her. She's also been banned from the dolphin centre.

But, I'm just so shaken up and traumatized from the incident, I don't know how to feel. My gut was literally telling me 'dont go swimming with them today'. Let me just say, never ignore your gut feeling. I was stupid enough to, and look how that turned out. Trust your gut, because it's always gonna be right. If I don't update for a few days it's because I'm recovering from my injuries.

I love you all so much, if you ever need me you can always come speak to me because I will be here for you x

Stay safe! Have fun!
~Izzy 💓

(Wtf that was 959 words 😂)