Prequel

Niall bumped into my shoulder. “I know someone I think you'll adopt into your circle,” Niall told me. I gave him a glance and he smiled. “Harry Styles.”

“Yeah, I'm sure. Or things end up going to shit like they always do.” I rolled my eyes. “I don't want a lot of friends Niall. I'm content with just you.”

“I love you, but you need to socialize more. You know I'll clear my schedule any time you want to hang out, but I shouldn't be the only one.”

I paused in front of my locker. “I don't like people. I'm fine with being alone.” I entered my locker combination and traded for all the books I needed to take home. “And you can tell me you're busy.”

Niall sighed. “Louis, dude. Harry is the nicest person I know. Just let him sit with us at lunch tomorrow, okay? I promise you'll already start to like him by the end of it.”

“Fine,” I gave in. “Just tomorrow.”

“We'll see, won't we?” Niall asked, laughing as he walked towards the student parking lot.

Lunch was… interesting. I had seen Harry around before and we even had a few classes but I never talked to him. He smiled when he saw me though, and I couldn't help but smile back.

“I told you,” Niall chanted. “Haven't even said hi yet and you're smiling.”

“Oh, shut it,” Harry laughed. I smiled even more and looked down as I sat next to Niall. “I'm Harry.”

“I’m Louis,” I introduced. “I'm really awkward, so yeah, that's a thing.”

Harry smiled. “I can deal with awkward.”