20

I leaned into Harry and laughed, smiling brightly. Niall continued with his story, Liam adding in details. The sun was shining over the park we were at, and I couldn't remember the last time I had actually worn a shirt other than a long sleeve, but today I was wearing a short sleeve shirt. Scars still littered my arms, but Harry was helping me learn to embrace them rather than hide them.

Harry kissed the top of my head and hugged me to his side. He looked down at my hands and I did too, smiling at the polish that covered my nails. That was another thing, I was finally figuring out what I really liked. And so far, I found out I liked painting my nails. Niall and Liam didn't know yet because I usually took it off before leaving anywhere, and my hands have been under the table.

"We should go get food," Niall said randomly. We all agreed and stood up, Harry lacing his fingers with mine. I followed next to him, talking about how he almost burned down his house trying to make popcorn on the stove.

"You weren't helping," Harry pouted, slapping my arm lightly. I rolled my eyes and kissed his cheek.

When I looked in front of us again, I stopped walking. Hell, I stopped breathing. Harry stopped and turned his body to face me. "Sunsh-"

"Tobi," I whispered, taking a step back. Harry snapped his head in the direction I was looking until he found my uncle. "I thought he got five years."

"What's going on?" Niall asked. Liam and him had been slightly walking ahead, so they didn't notice when we stopped right away.

Harry's grip on my hand tightened as he stared at Tobi. "Come on," he mumbled, pulling me the other way. I stumbled at first, not prepared for him to do it.

"Louis?" I heard him call. I whimpered and clung to Harry, who didn't look back.

I did. Besides Liam and Niall following us, Tobi was as well, jogging to catch up. I turned my head to face in front of me and walked faster, trying to stay calm.

"Louis!" Tobi screamed again. Harry stopped walking and let me go, walking over to Niall. I took a few steps back as Liam walked over to me.

Harry told Niall something and Niall started to shake his head. Harry kept talking and Niall gave in, nodding. Niall walked to us while Harry walked towards Tobi and I shook my head.

"Harr-"

"Louis, come on," Niall said, grabbing my wrist.

"No, Harry-"

"He's going to talk to him. It's okay."

"He'll hurt him. I can't-" I tried to pull away from Niall, but he wasn't letting go. "Harry!"

Harry got up to Tobi, shaking his head and pointing away from me. Tobi kept pointing at me, and I saw the second he started to get pissed. I finally freed my wrist and took off running towards them, getting between Harry and Tobi.

"Louis-" Harry started to say.

"He wants me," Tobi growled. I stepped backwards and pushed Harry with me, shaking my head.

"No, I don't," I said shakily. "I don't want you."

"Louis, now," he growled dangerously low. Harry pulled me behind him as he stepped forward. "I'll kill you if you don't give him to me. He's mine."

"I'll go. I'll go," I panicked, stepping away from Harry. "Don't hurt him."

"Then let's go." Harry was shaking his head at me and I took a step while looking at him. "Louis now."

"You don't have to go. He's not going to hurt me, Louis." Harry was begging me to stay and I saw another difference between him and Tobi. He wasn't forcing me to stay. He wouldn't force me to stay. If I wanted to go, he wouldn't approve but he wouldn't stop me. "Sun, don't go."

I heard a distinct clicking sound and froze. "If you don't come, I'm going to kill him," Tobi threatened.

Harry's face paled and I turned my head slowly, taking in the small gun he had in his hands. I stepped towards him even though every instinct was screaming run away from the gun. "Don't hurt him," I begged quietly, continuing to slowly walk towards him.

"Drop the gun!" Someone yelled. My uncle reached for my wrist and pulled my back to his chest, then pressed the gun to my head.

Tears filled my eyes but I didn't fight. "Harry," I cried quietly.

Tobi pressed the gun harder against my head. "Shut up. You're in so much fucking trouble for this."

I whimpered and kept crying quietly as police officers showed up, all of them armed. Harry was being pushed back, but he was fighting it, pointing and yelling about me. I kept my eyes on him when they weren't squeezed closed.

"Tobi, let him go," someone called. "You wouldn't kill him."

"He's mine," he mumbled, pulling me backwards. I stumbled back but ended up falling. Tobi caught me by my throat pretty much, which made it hard to breathe. "Are you fucking serious?"

I clawed at his arms, shaking my head. He squeezed harder for a few seconds before letting me go and grabbing my hair because it had gotten to the point I was drawing blood, and a lot of it. I gasped and coughed as he pulled on my hair.

"Tobi!" Someone else yelled. "Let Louis go. He's scared."

"He's mine!" Tobi yelled. I cried harder as he pulled me backwards by my hair, making me fall on my ass. "He's staying with me."

"No," I cried, shaking my head. "No, I don't want to."

"What did you say?" He growled, kicking me. I let out a small yell and shake my head.

"I don't want to!" I yelled. He yanked my hair and pulled me to my knees.

"I'm going to fucking kill you."

"No, no, no! Let me go! I hate you! I've always hated you!" I tried to pull away but my head was hurting like hell.

There was a gun shot and I stopped moving, waiting to feel a sharp pain somewhere. Instead I felt Tobi's grip on my hair loosen before letting go. I opened my eyes and saw Harry running towards me, falling to his knees right in front of me and pulling me to his chest.

I cried and held onto Harry tightly, refusing to let go when someone tried to get us to separate. I clung to him, and eventually Harry talked them into leaving me alone.

I calmed down and sat in his lap, curling into his chest. I looked at my nails for a second before balling my fists so I wouldn't see the blood stained on the chipped polish. "I'm sorry," I cried.

"No, it's not your fault. You were trying to keep me safe. Don't be sorry, Sun." Harry hugged me closer, kissing the side of my head. "Let's go home, okay?"

"Did they kill him?" I asked before moving at all.

"No. They shot him in the shoulder. He escaped from the prison he was in to try to find you, so they're transferring him further away. He's never going to hurt you again," Harry assured me.

"I'm sorry," I whispered again. "I'm so fucking sorry."

"No, baby. Don't be sorry. It's gonna be okay now. Let's go." I nodded and we stood up. Harry wrapped his arms around me and supported me to the car. "Are you still hungry?"