6

"Louis!" I jumped up, my heart beating quickly. The front door slammed and I heard heavy footsteps. "Why weren't you at school?"

I pushed myself against the headboard. "I th-threw up," I said. My uncle moved further into my room. "At lunch, I didn't think it would be a big deal. I'm sorry."

He sighed and walked to the bed. "Go to the nurses office next time. I'll pick you up." I nodded mutely. He sighed and stood up. "Just get some rest."

"I will," I whispered as he shut my door. I wasn't ready for anything tonight. I didn't want it anymore. I never wanted it.

"But you won't stop it," I whispered to myself. "You let it happen. You can't report anything."

There was a soft knock on my door. I scrambled out of the bed and opened it to see Harry and Niall with my uncle behind them. "We had this talk," he said with a glare.

"I keep telling them-" I looked from my uncle to them. "Guys, seriously?"

Harry shook his head. "Seriously."

I looked at my uncle. I had no idea what to do. Harry would get suspicious if I made them leave, but my uncle would be pissed if I let them stay or left with them.

"We can talk at school tomorrow. I don't feel good." I avoided Harry's stare and focused on Niall instead.

"No, we need to talk now," Harry insisted. I looked to my uncle who shook his head. "Like now."

"Make it quick," my uncle stated. He left and closed the door.

"You're not staying here," Harry said. I shook my head.

"Shut up. You don't know what the fuck goes on here. I'm fine. I've been here since I was six, if I was getting hurt, I'm pretty sure I would have said something." I took a deep breath. "There's a lot going on in my head right now. I miss my parents and my sisters. I'm not in a good mental place. That's why I've been so-"

"You're lying," Niall said softly. "Louis, I know you don't want to tell us, but-"

"Nothing is going on!" I took a deep breath. "Nothing is going on."

"What about earlier?" Harry asked. "I know something isn't right. We can help you. If you're scared of him, we can help you."

"You don't know anything." I didn't want them here. I was already gonna be in so much shit for them being here. "You guys need to stop. I'm fine."

"I don't trust that. Please," Niall begged.

"You're wrong." I looked down. "I'm not getting hurt. I'm perfectly fine."

They were both getting frustrated, but I was beyond frustrated with them. I crossed my arms and looked down.

"Stop shutting us out," Niall said, grabbing my arms, making me look up. "We just-"

"I think it's time for you to leave," my uncle said, standing in the doorway. Harry turned to glance at him, then looked back to me. Niall didn't move at all.

"Guys, go." I pried Niall's hands off and stepped back. "Seriously, go."

Niall sighed but turned around. He grabbed Harry's arm and pulled him out of my room. My uncle followed them out, probably to close the door behind them. I leaned against my wall, closing my eyes.

"What was that about?" He asked, making me jump. I looked at him and bit my lip.

"They think I'm acting weird. I just miss my parents but-"

"It's been eleven years, Louis," he said. "That's nearly double how old you were when it happened. You've spent most of your life with me." He was walking closer and I pushed myself further into the wall.

"I know," I whispered once he was close to me. "I know. I'm sorry."

"I'm here for you now. I'll always be here for you. I love you, you know that." He touched my cheek and I turned my head. I closed my eyes tightly. "Stop. Stop acting like this."

I took a deep breath and turned my head back, opening my eyes. "I love you," I said shakily. I hate you. I hate myself, but I think I hate you more.

He smiled, brushing his knuckles across my cheek. "I don't want you around them anymore."

I almost protested but thought better of it. I didn't want this to turn bad. He could end up leaving me alone. "O-okay. But they're really insistent."

"Then I'll go down to the school and get your classes moved around so you don't see them. I got this, okay?" He tilted my chin to look at my cheek better. "Is this still sore?"

"I'm fine," I answered.

He moved my face back, his hands trailing down to my collarbone. I swallowed thickly and his thumb brushed over my throat. I wanted him to leave me alone but I knew he would get what he wanted. And if he wanted me, he would get me.

"I'll talk with the school tomorrow. I'll take you." I nodded and he smiled. "Do your homework."

"Okay," I whispered. He left the room, closing my door. I stayed against the wall for a few moments before falling to the floor. "I can't keep doing this," I whispered again. I pulled my knees to my chest.

My phone went off and I grabbed it, silencing it. I held my breath for a few seconds, waiting for my uncle to come storming into my room. When he didn't I opened the text from Harry.

We're always here for you

I shook my head. "My uncle's switching my classes," I said as I typed, then I hit send. "He doesn't want us talking."

You're not serious

"I wish I wasn't," I whispered, tossing my phone to the side. It went off again but I couldn't bring myself to look at it.

I got up and kicked my phone under my bed, then got up and grabbed my backpack. I pulled out the small amount of homework I did have and completed it.

I curled into a ball when I was done on my bed. If I fell asleep he would leave me alone. Plus I was exhausted. But he might wake me up to see if I had finished. I sat back up and put all of my things away, then bit my lip. Would he get mad if I went to bed early? Was he expecting me to stay up?

I left a textbook open, like I was just studying, got tired, and fell asleep. He couldn't get mad at me for that, right?

I laid down and curled into a ball. I guess I would figure it out later.