4

I woke up when I felt him remove his arm from my waist. I stayed completely still. My uncle sighed, then I heard him walk out of the room, only to return a few seconds later.

"Louis," he shook my shoulder. I pretended to wake up and blinked a few times, looking at him. "Remember you're staying here." I nodded slowly. "Alright. I'll be back soon."

He stood up and left my room and I stared at the wall. I heard the front door close and I closed my eyes, a few tears slipping down my face. "I hate myself," I whispered.

I eventually pulled myself out of bed and went to my closet, grabbing my phone. Harry and Niall had both send endless texts and called too many times.

I sighed, my thumb hovering over Niall's name. I finally pressed it, bringing the phone to my face as it rang.

"Where the hell are you?"

"At home. I'm sick." I pushed my hand through my hair. "I was really sick. That's what yesterday was. I'm sorry if I scared you."

"You are full of so much bullshit lately," Niall groaned. "Why can't you just tell me?"

"I'm trying to, you're not listening," I argued. "I'm sick, Niall."

"Yeah, that's why you were screaming about being broken yesterday."

I chewed on my lip trying to figure out what to say. "Niall, please. You don't want me to shut you out. I'm trying not to."

"Then let me come over," Niall pleaded. "I'll take care of you while your uncle's gone. I'll leave before he comes back."

"You have school. I'll be fine, it's not that bad. Plus if he finds out you were over, I'm dead. He's cool about a lot of things, but not having people over." I scratched the back of my neck. "I'll be fine."

He can't see the bruise. He can't see anything. I'm not okay enough to see him.

"I'm already on my way."

"Niall," I begged, panic starting to fill me. "Don't please."

"I'm coming, Louis. You're not changing that."

I hung up the phone and walked to the door even though I was sore as hell, locking it. I leaned against it, then slowly slid down until I was sitting on the floor. Five minutes later a car pulled up. I didn't move, even when Niall started knocking on the door.

"Louis, I swear. Open the damn door," he yelled. I shook my head, setting it on my knees. "What are you hiding?"

Too much. Too much to even be able to tell anyone. Stop pressing. Its my fault anyways. Always my fault.

I bit my lip. I wanted to tell him, but I didn't want to hear about it being my fault. I already knew it was. I didn't want reminders.

"Louis, please," Harry pleaded.

Shaking my head, I forced myself to stand up and go to the bathroom. I looked at my face, my appearance. My cheek was bruised and my arms were too. I looked small and weak. My eyes weren't as vibrant.

"They won't understand," I whispered to my reflection. "They'll blame me. Just like he does." I paused, staring at myself. "It is my fault."

There was more pounding from the door. I closed my eyes and sighed. I walked back to my room and crawled under the blankets, covering my ears.

"Louis!" I stayed still. It didn't matter. I wasn't going to tell them, or open the door.

I covered my ears again, hoping they'd leave. Why would they stay? Why did Harry come? I could have let Niall in, but Harry? Harry didn't need to know my fucked up life. No one should know.

My phone started ringing. I grabbed it and answered. "I'm not answering."

"Open the door. We'll help you," Harry said.

"There's nothing to help with. I'm in bed. No one's supposed to be over."

"Don't give us that crap. He won't know. Open the door."

I sat up, the covers pooling around me. "You don't get it. I don't want to. Just leave me alone." I shook my head. "There, happy? I don't fucking want you guys around."

"Fine, whatever Louis," Niall snapped. "But don't come crying back later."

I threw the phone across the room. "I fucking won't." Tears filled my eyes. "I won't."