16

Why did he never tell me his name? Why did I never question it before? I closed my eyes and let go of Harry's hand to rub my face.

"Tobi really got on your mom's nerves with you, always wanting to watch you or take you somewhere. It got to the point that your mom banned him from coming over because you were liking it less and less. It wasn't a shock he tried fighting for custody over you, but how hard and long he tried at it, people got tired of playing the game. You were still too upset with figuring out what had happen to really realize what was going on. People faught him because he's had a history of domestic abuse, so how the hell you ever got in his hands I'll never know."

"What do you mean?" I asked quietly. My hands fell into my lap and I wrung them together.

"The abuse?" I nodded, biting my lip. "Almost every girl he ever dated, he ended up hitting. Only one girl ended up staying long enough for anyone to officially get involved."

I stared at the desk, then closed my eyes and trying to fight back tears. "What kind of abuse?"

"Why?" Harding asked. "Louis, is something going on?"

"What kind?" I asked again. Harry put his hand on my back and I pulled away from his touch.

"Louis!" I jumped to my feet and turned to the closed door, visibly shaken. Harry stood up and grabbed my arm that I ripped away from him.

"Louis, sit down," Principal Harding commanded. "Ignore him."

"It's okay," Harry whispered and slowly reached for me again. He grabbed my shaking hand and took a step closer.

My uncle yelled again for me. I looked at the door and subconsciously stepped towards it. Harry slightly tightened his grip, stopping me from going any further.

The door slammed open and my uncle marched in, his anger oozing off him. "We're leaving, now."

"No, you're not, Tobi," Harding said as he stood from his seat. He stepped between the both of us and Harry pulled me further back in the room. "I'm having the police called and we're filling a report."

"Louis," he threatened, ignoring Harding. "Let's go."

I pulled my wrist from Harry that my uncle- Tobi- had been eyeing. I reached down and grabbed my bag, terrified of the situation. I had no idea what he could do. Or what he would do.

I stepped closer and Harding stuck his arm out "I'm serious, you're not leaving until there's a report and it comes back clear he isn't hurting you."

"He's not hurting me. I need to-" I tried to push past him, but Harding stopped me.

"I'm not hurting him," Tobi repeated, death glaring Harding.

"Yes, you are," Harry threw in. I spun around to look at him and shook my head.

"You promised," I whispered.

Harry closed his eyes. "I know you are. You can tell by the way he's been acting over the last two months."

"Harry," I whined, stepping closer to him. "Stop. You don't-"

"Why have you been gone so much the last few weeks?" Harry asked seriously.

"You know why," I answered quickly, shutting my eyes. "Dont do this, Harry."

"Why were you gone?"

"I was sick."

"Doctor notes?"

"Stop," I begged, shaking my head. "Stop."

"I never liked you," Tobi sneered. I winced at the words and sniffled, wiping at my eyes. "You really think because his attendance that I'm hurting him?"