18

I woke up to a door closing. Harry snored softly behind me, and my tired mind had no idea what was going on.

Tobi walked in the living room, a small smile appearing on his face when he saw me. "I knew you'd be here."

Instinctively I grabbed Harry's arm, panic not only filling me, but waking me up too. "How... how did you get out?"

"I have my ways." He walked closer to me and that's when he noticed Harry for the first time. "What the fuck is he doing here?"

"No," I whispered, shaking my head. "Leave him alone."

"Who's in charge, Louis?" He threatened.

Harry pressed his hand against my back and I heard him yawn. "Lou-"

"Don't hurt him," I begged. "Please."

It only took Harry a few seconds to realize the situation. He stood up even though I tried to stop him and got in my uncle's face. "You're not fucking touching him again."

"Harry, you don't know-"

"Shut up, Louis!" My uncle snapped, glaring at me. I curled in on myself further in the couch. "You need to get the fuck out."

"Not unless he's coming with me. You're not fucking hurting him again and I mean it," Harry growled.

I forced myself to move and stood up, drawing Tobi's attention off of Harry and to me. "You're not leaving me, Louis. We talked about this."

I shook my head. "No, we didn't. You told me I wasn't allowed to leave. I want to leave."

If the switch wasn't flipped before, it was then. He shoved Harry, his gaze locked on me. Harry only fell into the couch, not getting hurt. When my uncle took a step towards me, I took one back, hoping like hell this would work and Harry wouldn't just stand here.

Once I got to the point I didn't have the coffee table by my side, I took off running. I heard my uncle curse before following me, so I threw open the door and ran down the side of the road in the pitch black.

"Louis, I swear to God," my uncle threatened. I forced myself to keep going even when I felt like falling and catching my breath. "Louis!"

I heard a car engine, then I heard Harry telling me to get in. I wasted no time climbing inside, slamming the door closed before Harry took off again.

"Are you okay?" Harry asked, continuing to glance at me even when I got my breathing even again.

"He didn't hurt me," I whispered. "Did he hurt you?"

"No, Lou. I'm okay." I nodded and the rest of the drive was quiet. He pulled up to his house but made no move to get out once the car was off. "What's going on?"

"How did he get out?" I almost added more then stopped, staring at the radio, but not seeing the radio. "They don't believe me," I whispered.

"No, Louis, that's not it," Harry assured quickly. "It's not because of you at all. They believe you, I promise they believe you."

I started shaking my head while he was talking and kept doing it. "They dont. He was right, and now I'm just going to get in more trouble and-"

"Breathe. Calm down, love, just breathe." Harry cupped my face and pressed our foreheads together. "Breathe," he instructed softly.

I grabbed onto his wrist tightly and shook my head. "They don't believe me, he said they wouldn't-"

"They do, Louis. I promise they believe you." I shook my head more and Harry paused for a second. "I believe you, Louis. Niall believes you. Harding believes you. We're going to get more people to believe. You're not lying."

"I feel like it," I admitted. "He always flips the story and makes it seem like I'm just upset with the fact in living with him to get sympathy for himself and I have to go with it."

"It's done. It's over with. I'm not letting him hurt you again. I promise." Harry wrapped his arms around me and hugged me tightly. "You're okay. You don't have to go with it anymore."

I nodded slowly, and he pulled away. "Let's go inside and go to bed."

I nodded numbly and followed him inside, rubbing my arms.