3

"For fucks sake, Louis!"

I flinched and backed myself into a corner. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" I cried, using my arms to block my face. A plate shattered next to me, sending glass flying everywhere.

"You better fucking be," my uncle spat, blocking me against the wall by putting both of his arms on either side of my head. "You never fucking do anything right."

"I'm sorry," I repeated, turning my head to the side and attempting to block him with my arms.

"I took you in, and you fucking break my shit?" He slapped me and I tried not to make a noise, but a small whine escaped my lips. "Go to your room."

"I'm sorry," I repeated, shaking. "I-I didn't mean to."

He slapped me again, harder this time. "Go to your fucking room."

I yelped quietly before hurrying to my room, leaving the door opened. I sat on the bed and pulled my knees to my chest, trying to fight off the panic attack that was consuming me.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," I kept repeating, like it would fix the situation. I drug my dull nails across my thighs, then squeezed. "I'm sorry."

I wasn't expecting the knock at the door. My uncle walked to my room and slammed the door shut, making me whimper. I closed my eyes and buried my face into a pillow to keep my sobs quiet.

"Is Louis here?" I heard Niall ask. I cried harder, shaking my head.

"No, he's not," my uncle said. "No one is supposed to come over."

"I know, just he's been acting weird the last few days, I'm trying to figure out what's going on."

"It's nothing here. He's usually in his room or out."

"Do you know where he is?" Niall asked.

"I don't. I try not to be too controlling since his parents..."

"Yeah, okay." Niall sounded unconvinced. "Just let him know I need to talk to him, please."

"Yeah, I can do that."

The door closed and my uncle's footsteps were loud on the floor as he got closer. My door was thrown open and I sat up, wiping my face quickly. "Why the fuck was Niall here?" He growled, walking closer. "How many times do I have to tell you not to bring your stupid ass friends over?"

"I didn't-" he shoved me back so I was laying down. My first instinct was to curl up, but he grabbed my legs.

"I didn't," he mimicked. "I won't fucking tell you again. This is my house, it's my rules. Everything is fucking mine, including you. Are. We. Clear?"

I nodded frantically. "Yes."

He crawled on top of me. "Good." He brushed his fingers over the spot he slapped me. I used everything in me not to flinch away from him. "I guess you're not going to school tomorrow either."

I didn't reply. Whatever he said was solid. He kept tracing my face, brushing his thumb over my lips. "You know I love you, right?" He asked.

I nodded, even though this wasn't anything near love. I learned to always say yes. No made things worse.

"Say it back," he said, his hands moving down to my chin.

"I love you," I copied. The words were like venom in my throat.

The fear of him choking me was the only thing that made me say it back. I wouldn't have if he wouldn't have been pinning me to the spot. If he didn't have complete control. But he always has control.

"Good," he said with a satisfied smile. His hands kept trailing down to my chest. "Good."

He grabbed the hem of my shirt and I wanted to cry even more. I didn't want this. I never did. Why was I being punished like this?

I forced my arms from my side, trying to make him happier. I made it easier for him to take my shirt off. If he was happy, it was better. Usually.

It's not rape if you let it happen.

I shivered at the words he told me so long ago. Ones that have burned themselves into my brain.

He pushed me back down to the bed, leaning down to kiss my neck.

I don't want this anymore, I thought to myself, balling my fists. But I don't have a choice. I laid them flat and closed my eyes, turning my head away from him.