[3] - News

[Beatrice Eaton]

I open my eyes and immediately feel a sense of uneasiness. An uneasiness I haven't felt for a while. I stand, walking from my bedroom, down the stairs. I haven't wanted to return home yet. I'm scared that I'll go home and lose all I have. I walk into the kitchen, sighing as I pour a cup of coffee. I walk out onto the back porch near the pool. I look down into the water. I can hear the TV from here.

Do we have any updates on the Eaton case?
We actually do. Unfortunately, it may not seem to be a good update.
Let's hear it.
The police officer on the lead of the case, Ezekiel Pedrad, has gone missing in the night. Once again, he has gone missing. If you hear or see anything suspicious regarding Detective Eaton or Pedrad's disappearances, do not hesitate to call the Police department.
Are there any thoughts that these disappearances are linked in any way?
Officers believe that because they're both colleagues, and they're both police officers that their disappearances are connected.
Who will be taking over for Detective Pedrad until he is found?
Detective Peter Hayes will be taking over the search for these two officers until the search is called off or they are found.

I drop my cup of coffee, allowing it to shatter. I can feel a shard of glass hit my feet. A splash of coffee hits soon after. Zeke is missing and Peter is taking over the case? This can't be happening! I jump into the pool, sinking to the bottom. I open my eyes, looking around the pool. I open my mouth, sobbing out. The water has filled my ears, causing all noise to sound muffled. I can feel the water filling my mouth. It rushes painfully into my chest... And I allow it. Without Tobias, my life means nothing. I'm a horrible mother. Graham could live a better life being taken care of by my parents or by Caleb and Susan. He could be happy. Happier with someone who loves him. Happier with someone who can actually care for him.

Can I be forgiven for all I’ve done to get here?
I don’t know. I don’t know.
Please.

I'm sorry, my sweet baby boy. Mommy loves you. But you have to forgive me. Forgive the both of us. We both love you with our whole hearts. But it's time for us to say goodbye. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry.

Can I be forgiven for all I’ve done to get here?
I want to be.
I can.
I believe it.

[Shauna Wilks]

I stare at the TV in awe. Zeke is gone. My Zeke is gone. He's disappeared just like Four did and there is no sign of him. Either of them. I sigh, walking back to my desk. I sit and almost as if on cue, my phone rings. I jump, grabbing the receiver.

Chicago PD, Homicide Department, this is Shauna speaking.
Shauna--It's Michael.
Oh, hey. What's up?
I can't make it in today. I think I caught a cold while I was up in Canada. I don't think I can make it in today.

Of course, he can't make it.

Um, okay. You should probably call Max and let him know.
Oh, right. Sorry.

He coughs over the phones.

Feel better, Michael.
Thanks. I should hopefully be back in tomorrow or the day after that.
Alright, see you then.
Bye.

I hang up, sighing. Honestly, he always does that. Every time he is calling in sick or something like that, he always manages to call my desk instead of Max's. It's one of a couple of his flaws. A hand lands on my shoulder and I jump. I look up and its Uriah. His eyes are red and puffy. He's just as scared for Zeke as I am. My fiancé is missing.

" Hey, Shauna. " He sniffles.

I smile sadly up at him.

" Hey, Uriah. I'm sorry about Zeke. " I say.

He nods.

" I'm sorry about him too... I mean, you guys are supposed to get married. " He says.

I nod.

" How about you get out of here? Go check on Tris. " He says.

He has no idea how much I want to leave right now. I nod.

" Yeah. I think I'll go check on her. " I say. " I'll let you know how it goes. "

I stand, grabbing my bag. I leave without speaking. Uriah, surprisingly, doesn't leave. He says he needs something to distract him so he doesn't go insane with worry. I climb into my car, driving away from the precinct. I need to clear my head and a conversation with someone who is going through the same thing as I am will help me. I drive to Tris' parents' house. She had told me within the last week about her fight with Four and how they were both hurting for Graham. About how they both were fighting their own demons alone. But I bet, even though they were fighting, Tris would prefer to still be having a fight with her husband than have a missing husband. Anyone in their right mind would prefer that. I pull up to her parents' house. I park, turning off my car. I climb out, walking to the front door. I knock. She doesn't answer. I peer through the house. I spot the backdoor is open. I can see the pool from here. I see something floating in the pool... No. Someone. I open the front door, running through the house to the back door. I stop at the edge of the pool. It's Tris. I know it. I remove any and all valuables from my body and then I dive in to grab her. I pull her from the water, dragging her onto the concrete. She's cold and pale. I run over to my phone, frantically calling anyone who will answer.

911, what's your emergency?
My friend fell into the pool.
Is this friend alright?
It doesn't look like she's breathing.
Pardon?
I don't think she's breathing.
I'm going to instruct you to try doing CPR on her until paramedics arrive at your location. Just stay calm.