Chapter 9

I was in the lab helping Dr Flug out. Although I didnt understand anything most of the time he was still patient with me, this is an improvement right?

"Miss Y/N, could you pass me that please" he said pointing towards an object without looking up, I chuckle "what seems to be the joke?" He finally looks at me
"You sound really polite- too polite. Kinda like a kid talking to their teacher" I say as I get him the thing
"W-what? No I dont!" He says defensively
"Sure~" I jokingly roll my eyes
"Then...How do you think I should sound" he said, taking the object and turning back to work, avoiding my gaze
"For starters.." I leaned closer to look at his work "call me Y/N"

Dr Flug POV

"Call me Y/N"
I turned to look at them to find them too close to my face, startled by the sudden lack of personal space.
"Woah..you ok?" Y/N's eyes widen "if you dont feel comfortable calling me that...its ok" they looked down, kinda like an abandoned puppy
"W-what? Oh no..its just-- nevermind" I stutter, turning back to my work. The room going quiet after that.
Everything was so awkward around Y/N.. I guess I must have grown used to this household that I forgot how humans act? No..I still have human costumers I deal with.
I glane at Y/N who was smiling while watching me work, their eyes would be filled with wonder and curiosity, but still..They were too close!

"Can you pass me the screwdriver with the red handle please..." I say and they move away "Y/N" I finished, the last part a bit quieter. I glanced at them again to check if they heard, to which they did, unless they were smiling like a fool at nothing. I chuckle, Y/N is weird.

Y/N POV

I hear a quiet chuckle and immidietly turn to Dr Flug, was that...his laugh? My eyes sparkle, it was..Cute!
"Here it is Dr Flug" I pass him the screwdriver, saluting as I addressed him.
"Flug." He said as he took the screwdriver.
I stood there confused until I finally understood that I had given permission to call him Flug (not that I needed permission)
"Flug" I whisper to myself
"Yes?"
"Flug" I say a bit louder, seeing how the name tastes on my tongue
"Uuuh...yes?" He looks at me confused
"Oh- uuh...nothing. I gotta..Clean! Yes clean! Cuz its ..my job. Cleaning" I say nervously, too embarrassed to say I liked his name.

"Ofcourse" he nodded and turned back to work..
Does he ever rest?

As I walked out the room I glanced back at him, he seems less rude to me and maybe I can even get his trust! Happily, I hum away, going back to work.