Chapter 14

I was making tea as usual, BlackHat already sat waiting for the tea as he read the morning paper.
"All done" I whispered to myself and set the tea on a silver tray. I always made sure not to sing or hum around him, he looked really scary (finally understand what Flug meant).
Gently, I made my way across from the kitchen to where he was when

CRASH

I slipped up.
Looking at what caused this I notice one of Demencia's toys..Oh Demencia.
I hear growling that gradually gets louder and I finally glance up. Mr BlackHat sir was covered in tea and was glaring at me

"You pathetic fool!" He shouted grabbing me by the collar "why did I ever hire a stupid human like you? Do you wish to get fired?!"

"N-no s-sir" I squeak as he grabbed my cheeks with his other hand

"Then...Clean.This.UP!!" He screamed as he threw me back on the floor.
If the glass shards hadn't hurt me before, they certainly did now. My hands landed right on them and I let out a sound of pain. I'd try pull my hands away from the shards but I was too scared

"Well..? CLEAN THIS UP" he shouted again and I immidietly stood up to get the cleaning supplies. He stormed out of the room, leaving me there with bloody hands.

I tried to clean first but my hands were getting in the way. Deciding it's best to take care of it quickly, I went to find Flug, he might have bandaids.

"Excuse me?" I peeked through only to get a glare back. Uh oh, BlackHat was there.
"Y-Y/N! What is it?" Flug appeared

"O-oh! Well..I needed..some bandaids..if that's ok.." I mumbled. Flug had glanced at my hands and gasped
"How did this happen? Are you ok?" He turned already getting the bandaids

"Fluug" Mr BlackHat growled "you have a job.. and so do you Human" BlackHat glared at me to which I flinched, I was growing more afraid of him by day.

"Y-yes..of course sir, I'm sorry. It's just a second" Flug came back with a box of bandaids "I'd help but I'm a little busy..sorry"
I shook my head quietly as if to say "it's no problem" then bowed and left, still feeling his glare.

Dr Flug POV

I frowned as I glanced at Sir Blackhat, he is definitely the reason she/he got hurt. I recall how he hired them just to play around and mess with them, back then I didnt care but now we know each other better..
I cant help but be worried. Before I go to sleep today I will check up on them.

Later

It was night time, Y/N must be checking if everyone is asleep so I got up before they checked on me. Personally, I was a little embarrassed and nervous, I had treated her coldly in the first days and now I'm going around checking if she is alright.

I crept around the halls until I spotted two shadows, squinting I decided to hide and see who it was.
On the other side of the hall was Sir BlackHat and Y/N, he was taking their hands in his and the wounds disappeared
"Dont want your stinky human blood everywhere" he said before turning around "be more careful from now on" he faded into the shadows, leaving Y/N standing there.
They had looked down at their previously pained hands and gave a little smile as they held their hands close to their chest, my chest clenched a little...he/she can even smile like that because of blackhat.

BlackHat POV

How weak and fragile... I had expected it to be fun to mess around with the human but how can I do it if they break so easily? I cannot afford another toy, that is too much work.

...and Dr Flug..He had stopped his important work just to help them as well. I catch myself growl at the thought, how dare he?

I enter my room and take off my coat, hanging it up.
"Y/N..." I whisper the human's name "Y/N." I repeat, seeing the taste it gives. A normal human would've probably tried to quit, maybe they are so afraid they cant? I laugh to myself.
No. That cannot be it.
Recalling the time I saw them from my window, they dont have much of a choice- they need the job. How desperate can they be to even sacrifice their well being?

We know nothing of them...just their name and they aren't from here. Tomorrow, I shall ask Dr Flug to look for information on Y/N's past life and other details that may come to use.