Smile, Though Your Heart Is Aching

*Start listening to the song now! Unless you read slow, then start it when I say :)*

"What about them?" Tony asked Pepper and showed her the tablet. She looked at it for a good few seconds before looking up at Tony.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" She asked him. Tony moved the tablet so his hands could be in a more comfortable position. "Because I haven't personally meet the kid, but he looks happy around you."

"Pep, he ran away at three AM, I don't have time for things like that."

"You did miss two meeting.."

"See? He's a good kid, he really is. Smart too, that's why I'm personally finding him a home. I don't have time to watch over a child, and you know that."

Pepper just looked at him. Tony furrowed his eyebrows.

"What?" He asked her. She just shook her hand and went back to looking on her phone.

"Nothing. Anyway, that family looks good. It says they're looking for a teen," she said as she scrolled on her phone.

"What about Peter being Spider-Man?" She looked up at him.

"I thought you said you didn't want him being Spider-Man anymore?"

"That was when he was my responsibility, he's not anymore. But he kept the secret from May for a while, so he should be able to do it with them if he wants." It was quiet for a second. "Yeah, they look nice, big house, no kids. They have a dog, Peter likes dogs, I think. I'm going to message them." Pepper just nodded. Tony's chair squeaked as he scooted out. He kissed Peppers forehead and walked off.

-

Peter sat in his room. He can't even call it his room anymore.

Peter sat in the guest room.

Tony doesn't want him anymore.

When they got to the tower Peter walked out of the car without saying anything. They went into the elevator, it was so awkward.

"You should probably go pack," Tony said. Peter just nodded, still trying to fight the tears.

Wait until you're away from him, wait until you're away from him.

Did this even hurt Tony? Did he feel pain like it did to Peter? It didn't look like it. He looked normal. He looked fine.

That's because Peter was just a sad kid Tony pitied. He never really cared about him. How could he?

Peter didn't even have stuff to pack. He had his clothes on, but that's it. He left the web fluid and phone at his old apartment.

There was a knock on the door.

Peter looked at it, wishing Tony would walk through it any second. Wishing Tony would come in and hug him and say he wanted to adopt him. Because no matter how much he didn't what to admit it, he wanted Tony to want to adopt him.

He wanted Tony to adopt him.

But he never would. He's Ironman, he doesn't have time for him.

There was a knock again. Peter thought someone would knock and then walk in, like Tony would.

"Come in," He said. The door opened and Wanda walked in.

"Hey Pete..." he looked up at her. He offered her a small smile, but it was fake. "Are you all ready? They're going to be here first thing tomorrow morning."

So Tony couldn't even come here himself? He had to send Wanda in.

"Yeah, I don't have anything except the clothes on my back, so.."

Wanda nodded. She turned to walk away, not knowing what else to say.

She always knew what to say, she was good at that kind of stuff. She wanted to help people.

She tried to help Steve and Tony, but that didn't work out. And she tried to help Tony and Peter, but that also didn't work out.

Maybe she would stop trying to help, because it wasn't working. Or at least that's what she thought.

*If you didn't already start the song, start it now*

"Hi Peter. I'm Rachel, and this is Bruce." The girl said as she leaned over as if he was a baby. Well at least the name Bruce was familiar. "We're going to be your new parents, we're so excited to meet you!" Peter gave her a small smile. They seemed nice.

Rachel had long brown hair, and Bruce had black hair.

"Are you ready to go?" She asked him. He couldn't answer.

He turned to look at Tony. Tony just stood there, no expression on his face.

Peter looked back to the girl. He just nodded.

"Can- can I say bye first?" He asked. The girl smiled at him.

"Of course, Peter."

He gave her a nod of appreciation. He felt embarrassed to say bye, but it was the last time he'd see them anyways.

He walked over to Natasha first.

"Thank you," he whispered. Her face softened. She pulled him into a hug.

"Good luck," she said in his ear. He held back his tears. Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry.

"I'm going to miss you," normally, Nat doesn't like kids. But something about this one.

"Don't say that Pete, I'll see you soon."

He pulled away and nodded, wanting it to be true.

Next he shook hands with Steve.

"You're a good kid, Pete. You'll do just fine," Peter smiled at him, even if the smile was sad.

He went to hug Wanda. She seemed shocked, but of course she hugged back.

"Thank you," He said as he hugged her. She didn't know what he was saying thank you to. Yes, she tried to help him, but she barely even talked to him. She always talked to Tony or Steve. Did he know?

"Be good, okay? Although we all know you will be." Peter nodded, the tears started to stream.

He hugged everyone who was there, which included of Clint, Bruce, and Pepper.

He went in front of Tony.

"Well... bye," he said looking down. He looked up at Tony. "I guess...."

Tony smiled down at the kid and ruffled his hair.

"See you around, Kid." Peter shut his eyes at the nickname. Kid seemed to hurt worse now than it did a month ago. Peter just said a quick yeah, before turning on his heel to walk back to his new ... family.

Was Peter mad at Tony? That's something Peter thought about. Was he mad about Tony finding him a home? He shouldn't be, he took him in and found him a nice new home.

But for some reason going with this new family left like leaving a different one.

He got into the car and waved at everyone. The car started and drove away.

Everyone waved at him with smiles on their faces. They must've been so happy for him. Starting a new life.

But that's the thing.

He didn't know anything about this family. Is he still going to live in New York? Is he still going to Midtown? Is he ever going to see Ned again? Is he going to see them again? Will he ever see Tony, one last time?

And slowly, they all were out of sight.

-

Lol don't hate me. (It's not over don't worry)

Whatcha think? I wanna know

-Love You All💞