Just A Feeling

Another week has passed by, Pepper and Tony were trying to get the adoption papers all sorted out. Apparently adopting someone took a lot longer than Tony thought.

Tony was on the phone with Pepper when Peter walked in through the doors.

"Hi, Tony!" Peter said and sat down on the couch in front of Tony. Peter then realized that Tony was on the phone, so he shut up. Tony smiled at his kid.

"Okay, Pepper I have to go..... Yes, I'll decide between the gold and white chairs, even though I don't think it matters, which ever you want!" He paused for a second. Peter could hear what sounded like Pepper yelling through the phone. Tony pinched the roof of his nose. "Sorry, yes I'll look closer.... Doesn't matter which costs more, honey.... Okay, Okay, I'll look again.... Bye, love you." Tony brought the phone away from his ear and hung up. He let out a breath of air.

"Trouble in paradise?" Peter asked with his eyebrows raised.

"Do you even know what that means?" Tony asked. Peter just laughed, not giving an answer. "Want to help me decide?" Tony pulled out his phone. Peter leaned over to look.

The white ones were a classic, with the back of the chair looking like bars. The gold ones looked super fancy and expensive.

"Jeez, how much do those good ones cost?" He asked looking up from the phone to his dad. Hmm, dad, he liked the sound of that. Even if it was just adoptive.

"That doesn't matter, Peter. God, you sound like Pepper. Like hello? I'm a billionaire. I run the biggest company in the world!" Peter just smiled.

"Whatever you like the best."

"That's what I've been saying to Pepper, seems to aggravate her. Anyway, enough about my marriage stuff. How was school?" Tony asked and set down his phone. Peter seemed to think for a second before remembering what he was going to say.

"Oh, right! Well, next week the decathlon team is going on a fieldtrip, so that's nice." He said with a smile.

"Oh, that's cool. Where are you guys going?"

"The Museum of Modern Art," he said, still grinning. Peter seemed really excited.

"Fun, I guess. Kind of boring." Peter lowered his eyebrows at him. Boring?

"Aren't you like, the smartest person to ever walk the Earth? Shouldn't you be into that nerdy sh- stuff?" Peter almost swore, but he caught himself in time. Tony gave him a look, because obviously he noticed, but didn't comment on it.

"I'm not the smartest person to ever walk the Earth, I think that's an exaggeration." Peter seemed to disagree. "But, do I need to sign a permission slip or something?" Peters smile slowly started to slip off of his face.

"Can you even do that? I mean- you're not even my legal guardian. Oh god, am I going to have to go back to New Jersey?" Peter asked and looked up at Tony, the fear in his eyes obvious. Tony didn't like that kind of talk, why couldn't they just be happy for once? Why couldn't Pepper, and Peter, and him, and everyone he loved, just be let alone?

"No, Peter. Don't worry, I'll make sure of it. You're not going anywhere, you're- you're my son now," although Peter was still scared, he couldn't help the smile that crept onto his face from Tony's words. He was his son. Peter Parker, dumb loser and nerd, was Tony Stark's, superhero and coolest man to ever live, son. Or, almost son.

"Okay," He said and moved closer to Tony. He put his pride aside, and rested his head on Tony's shoulder. His eyes getting too heavy to keep open, he let them shut.

"Don't worry, kid. I'll always be here with and for you." Was the last thing he heard before he was engulfed in darkness, and fell asleep.

-