❪ i. ❫ WOMAN SUPPORTING WOMEN.

CHAPTER ONE.

❝ loving who you are comes before anything

loving who you are comes before anything.

       𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐏𝐇𝐍𝐄 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐓𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐙𝐄𝐃 𝐁𝐄𝐈𝐍𝐆 〝bigger〞in Hawkins was such a problem , was when she had stumbled into the bathroom. Tommy H's obnoxious comments about her ass in her jeans making Daphne irritated. She had just wanted to take a breather , brush off the sexist comments from the insensitive boy. Though , what she had found instead was an extremely upset Barb Hollandcrying in the bathroom stall. Daphne immediately burst through the door , not bother to knock. She remembered the look on the gingerhaired girls face. It was splotchy and red , obviously from how hard she was crying. Daphne noticed Barb's glasses were crackedbut looked as though someone had intentionally cracked them. Anger had coursed through Daphne's veins. The ravenhaired girl immediately drowning Barb into a hug. She didn't need an explanation , because Daphne just knew.

That happened her freshman year of Hawkins high.

The second time was much more dramatic. Her and her friend Louise had to change in the locker room. From the moment the fabric of her tshirt had been discarded , she heard whispers around her. Daphne had never felt more exposed and judged in her life , as the girls covered their mouths not well enough  ) and stared at every imperfection on her body. She remembered how that felt. To be forced to be so vunerable to people that didn't feel she deserved the decency of privacy.

That incident was two days into her junior year.

Both of these incidents were valid reasons as to
why Daphne White was a firm believer in
women supporting other women. But one occurrence stood out in her mind , that would forever be embedded in Daphne's mind until she died. . .    It was summer time going into her senior year. She remembered Steve Harrington having a pool party. Everyone and she means everyone  ) showed up there. Daphne didn't care about what she looked like in her neon pink one piece. The boys all stared because secretly , they liked what they saw , and the girls all stared in envy.

But she remembered how she went to the bathroom , her mind swirled with the alcohol she consumed. And when she walked init had been on a girl that wasn't too much younger than her. Mascara dripped down her face as pure sadness was on her face. Her hair was blonde , beautiful and wavy. Her body compared to a stick next to Daphne's. The ravenhaired bombshell wasted no time in setting down her drink and comforting the sad girl. After minutes of calming her down , Daphne found out the girl's name was Denise. She and her boyfriend had been making out in an abandoned room upstairs when things got heated. Denise cried as she confided in Daphne that her boyfriend didn't like her body as much as she thought he would. He said her lack of boobs made it feel like he was touching a little boy and couldn't go any further with her and broke it off.