❪ iii. ❫ OH , DAPHNE?

CHAPTER THREE.

❝ stop giving a shit about what they think

stop giving a shit about what they think.

𝐃𝐀𝐏𝐇𝐍𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐈𝐍 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐓 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐌𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐍 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐉𝐄𝐀𝐍𝐒. The bottoms had been a bit flared and didn't really fit her taste in style. The fit felt nice around her thighs but the bottoms just felt awkward and she had wanted a second opinion , and as much as she hated her mother's opinion , she'd hope she'd be help in whether or not the jeans were something she'd keep in her closet.

So there she stood in front her mother carelessly , her stomach twisting as her facial expressions were in mix of judgment and confusion. 〝Did you gain some weight? It seems like you gained some weight.〞She commented carelessly , and for some reason Daphne's heart had sunk just a tad. The jeans had been a little tight but that's how she usually liked them to fit so she didn't pay any mind. But the underlining tone of judgement that laced the comment took Daphen aback.

Daphne didn't answer as a solemn look crossed her face and obviously she had been hurt by the remark. Her mother rolled her eyes and groaned as she sat back in her floral chairannoyed at Daphne's reaction. 〝Don't ask for my opinion then.

Daphne hastily turned around to walk back up to her room. 〝I asked how I looked in the pants , mother. Not about how much I looked like I weigh in them.〞She snapped. Daphne White was confident most days and usually her mother's words never got to her. But today was different and it made a certain feeling wash over inside of her. One that she had not felt in a while. . .

Daphne quickly tugged the jeans off of her. The corners of her eyes burned as she walked over into the full length mirror. Her gaze looked towards her stomach and how it pudged outwards and how her thighs touched whilst standing in a normal position. She did notice that she had infact , gained some weight that her mother pointed out and it made her feel worse. People would laugh at her all the time and she never cared and no matter how many times she tried to convince herself what her mom said didn't mean anything to hershe was lying. The opinions of her peers never meant a thing to her but the constant nit picking from her mother and the constant reminder that she needed to watch what she ate , that did mean something to her.

In that moment Daphne White regretted ever eating that hamburger and chocolate bar. She regretted having that coke instead of water. In that sheer moment of doubt , Daphne felt a little bit of hatred towards nobody but herself.