❪ ix. ❫ I AM SO PROUD OF YOU.

CHAPTER NINE.

❝ your value is not determined by others

your value is not determined by others.

STOP BEING MAD AT ME!〞
Daphne was currently talking to Steve Harrington who was ignoring her in return. After scolding her for not going along with his plan , he hadn't said another word to her. She knew he had a reason to be mad but it didn't mean she liked it. "Come on Steve! I told you I was sorry."

Steve stopped in the midst of the darkness whilst the children talked amongst themselves a few steps ahead of them. "You could have gotten hurt , Daphne. That was really dangerous what you did." He ran a hand over his face. "I'm not mad at you , by the way. Just disappointed."

Daphne placed a hand over her chest. "I'm not mad , just disappointedway to hit me in the heart , Harrington." She joked but Steve didn't laugh. His face showed no softness as he crossed his arms looking down at her. Daphne sighed as she threw her arms around Steve's neck , making him stumble back abit in surprise. "I'm sorry I made you worried." She murmured lowly into his ear.

Steve's eyes were wide like a deer caught in headlights. His cheeks were turning cherry red as
he slowly embraced her back. The feeling of him complying made Daphne smile lightly.

"You were so worried about me!" Daphne snorted
as she pulled away. Her pink lips formed into a
grin as she saw a frozen Steve Harrington.

"You're going to kill me." He groaned.

Daphne smirked , linking her arm with Steve's as
she pulled him to catch up with the kids. Steve chuckled and shook his head , he couldn't
believe how chasing after a killer slug would
bring the two teenagers so close together.

"So. . . are we positive that was Dart?" Daphne asked Dustin curiously. "There were alot of them."

"Yeshe had the same exact yellow pattern on
his butt." Dustin explained quickly.

"But he was tiny two days ago." Butted in Max. Daphne resisted the urge to push her off the tracks. Even though Dustin was an absolute ass to her , she knew he was only being like that because he was hurt and Daphne was the queen of saying mean things when she was hurt , too.

"Yeah well he's molted three times."

"Malted?" Daphne and Steve said at the same time. They both sent eachother a wild look and before Steve even had time to speak she closed his mouth quickly with her hand"Jinx! Now you owe me a coke , bitch." She smirked.