❪ iii. ❫ SCOOPS AHOY!

ACT TWO: CHAPTER THREE.
scoops ahoy! seems fun , steve !

❝ don't be afraid to show off who you are

don't be afraid to show off who you are.

STEVE HARRINGTON AND
DAPHNE WHITE were strolling through the Starcourt Mall. Dustin had left for a summer camp thing , leaving the two teenagers sulking. Daphne missed him already. He was always the life of the party. Steve missed him just as muchthough he did like the fact that he had Daphne all to himself now and didn't have to worry about a thirteen year old boy stealing his girlfriend from him.

The two were supposed to be finding Steve a new job so he could start saving up for collegebut Daphne's focus was long gone the minute she had spotted something cute in the stores. Steve didn't mind looking through clothes , though. He had even brought along a polaroid he had bought for the two of themhoping to catch as many memories as he could. Every time she'd throw a jacket around her shoulders and show it off , he'd snap a picture of her with a goofy grin on his face.

Daphne had even managed to steal a few of
Steve who sometimes would absentmindedly look around Starcourt , looking for potential jobs.

Daphne's left eye was squinted as she took another one of Steve's side profile. Her teeth showing as she looked at it. 〝Finding a job can't be that hard , can it? My mom got me a job as a life guard for the summer ages ago! I'm sure we can find you one.〞She encouraged , making sure not to blot the film coming from the instant camera.

Her statement made Steve's eye roll , childishly crossing his arms with a pout. 〝Why can't I just work there with you?〞Steve let out a groan.

Daphne sighed and rubbed Steve's shoulder. 〝We've been over thissomeone else already got the remaining position and we'd never be able to pay attention to the people.〞She stood on her toes to whisper in Steve's ear. 〝You'd just distract me too much.〞Daphne whispered hotly in his ear , her lips brushing against the skin of his ear.

〝Yeah so some other dude will be there to distract you instead of me.〞Steve continued to pout. Daphne rolled her eyes. The polaroid was finally finished drying so she slid it in her pocket before Steve could notice she had taken it.

〝Don't be like that , Steve. You know you're
the apple of my eye.〞She pressed a juicy , wet
kiss to his cheek that Steve had to wipe off with the back of his hand , though he secretly liked it ,
and turned to her with a sour expression. 〝And it's not even an all day thing so I'll be able to swing by and come see you during your shifts.