❪ x. ❫ FREAKING THE F OUT.

CHAPTER TEN.

❝ what screws us up most in lifeis the picture in our heads of what we think it's supposed to be

what screws us up most in life
is the picture in our heads of what
we think it's supposed to be.

𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐀𝐋𝐖𝐀𝐘𝐒 , 𝐃𝐀𝐏𝐇𝐍𝐄 𝐃𝐈𝐃 𝐍𝐎𝐓
𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐋 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐆𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐎𝐍.
She stood clueless when Nancy's brother was emotionally reunited with his ˊgirlfriendˋ ? She still wasn't quite sure what their status was. She was also just as confused when Steve's hand fell on the small of her back as he pushed her into the night air , telling her to grab a few things for him and Hopper. Daphne was hesitant on splitting up with Steve , but he promised her that Hopper needed more help than he did at the moment.

That left Nancy and Steve taping the walls , the air dry as they both tried to ignore the awkwardness in the air. . . "Heyum , what you did , helping the kids . . . that was really cool."

Steve glanced her way before shrugging. "Yeah , those shits are real trouble , you know?"

"Yeah ," Nancy smiled softly. "I know."

Back with Daphne , her hands were starting to hurt from all the trash and shit she was picking up. Her back was killing her but she refused to seem like a little bitch by complaining , so she kept it to herself. She really admired how much Hopper had cared about Will without being his father. All of her mothers boyfriends never really seemed to care she had a kid of her own. It made her wonder what Hopper would be like with his own kidsshe smiled at the thought.

"Your name's Daphne , right? Daphne White?" Hopper asked after awhile , rubbing the sweat from his forehead with his forearm. Daphne muttered a soft yeah in response , to which Hopper paused what he was doing momentarily. "I knew your old manForsythe."

Daphne's eyes widened. Her mother never talked about her fathers friends or his past. The subject was still sore after so many years of being without him. "How'd you , uh , know him?"

"We went to school together. He was my bestfriend for many years. He was a good man." Hopper's eyes seemed to shine underneath the stars at the memory. "I'm sorry I never got around to coming over to see you and your momI just was going through losing someone else really important to me , too and"