❪ xii. ❫ BITE ME HARRINGTON.

❪  CHAPTER TWELVE.  

❝ nobody can be immune to heartbreak

nobody can be immune to heartbreak.

            𝐃𝐀𝐏𝐇𝐍𝐄 𝐃𝐈𝐃𝐍'𝐓 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄
𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐎 𝐃𝐎. Dustin and Mike held Steve in place in the back of Billy's car while Daphne and Max sat in the driver seat. Daphne's heavy foot pressed the petals as Max clutched the steering wheel in her handtrying her best to go in a straight line. Daphne felt just as clueless as Max when it came to driving because she didn't know how the hell to drive either. This was her first time in the drivers seat of a car. It was Dustin's plan and it was completely ludicrousbut Daphne just couldn't say no to Dustin's eager expression.

Though , Steve didn't seem as impressed as his eyelids fluttered open. He looked towards Mike confused , muttering out Nancy's name before looking towards Dustin , and asking where Daphne went. Dustin's finger shakily pointed to front seat and Steve's eyes grew in size. Daphne glanced back at him with a similar expression. "Don't worry! We're almost there!" She shouted over his yelling. But it didn't make it better when Max accidentally swiveled in the wrong direction. Deciding that it being over sooner rather than later was the better option , Daphne slammed her foot on the brakes. She ignored Steve's demands to slow down as Max kept a firm grip on the steering wheel.

Everyone in the car screamed when Max almost missed her left turn , but Daphne was quick enough to capture Max's hands with hers and turn it. The passage now was practically straight , and she knew her Max would be able to do it.

As the stop came into vision , Daphne slowly began pressing the brake urching to a complete stop. Mike , Will , and Dustin all praised them amazed. "You're badass , little red." Daphne high fived Max , opening the door for her to jump out. The kids immediately jumped out the car and dug in the trunk for their supplies while Steve was struggling to make it out of the car. Daphne grabbed Steve's arms to steady him , putting his arm over her shoulder to keep him upright. Billy had bruised his face up pretty bad. Steve clung onto her tightly , trying to stop the spinning happening in his brain.

"Oh no! Guys no! What are you doing? What , are you deaf? Hello? Have I made myself clear? You guys are not going down there!" Steve demanded but nobody was listening. Daphne patted his chest for the effort. He groaned when be realized none of then were listening , Steve then pressed a quick kiss to Daphne's cheek before stumbling out of her arms to fuss the kids out somewhere. Her eyes widened at his quick action , his voice blurring into the background as she touched the place on her cheek where his lips touched. It was like her skin was set on fire. For a moment it was like she was in a daze , completely caught off guard. She mentally cursed herself. Don't cream yourself , Daph. It was just a peck on the cheek. You aren't twelve. But she couldn't help the soft smile on her face. She liked it. She liked it alot more than she wanted to.