Chapter Thirteen

I wake up to Alex asleep next to me. I panic and jump out of the bed. I move over to the couch and sit there staring at him. Part of me debates whether or not I should get up and leave, but that probably wouldn't go well.

I look at the clock, it's two in the afternoon. I've been asleep for maybe four hours, I feel like I barely slept a minute.

I barely knew Alex, and I certainly didn't know he was that strong. I don't weigh a lot but no one should be able to pick me up that easily.

I jump when I hear Alex stirring in the bed. His hand lazily and heavily moves to where I was laying, when he doesn't feel me there he shoots up wide awake. His eyes meet mine for a second before I look away.

"What the hell are you doing?" He pinches the bridge of his nose.

My hands shake, I'm afraid to say the wrong thing, "I woke up, I thought you would appreciate having more space so I moved."

He squints at me and shakes his head, "Get back in the bed Jules."

There's something sinister in his voice, making my hair stand on end. I don't want to be next to him, especially considering he's expecting me to be in a bed next to him. I get up, he watches me as I walk by the bed.

"Jules," he speaks slowly.

I dart over to the bathroom, causing him to jump off the bed after me. I barely manage to slam the door by the time he reaches me. I listen to him banging on the door as I press in the lock and start crying.

I jump as he smacks the door, "Jules! Open the door! I swear to god..."

I cover my mouth sobbing. Four years of high school fights made it clear that Alex had a violent side but it had always seemed to be for helping people. I was truly afraid of him getting in.

"Jules?" His voice has dropped, no longer with cruel intention, "Jules please just open the door. Please."

I feel myself vibrate in the corner. It stays completely silent, and somehow that scares me even more. After fifteen minutes of total quiet I hear the hotel room door open and slam shut. I sit there waiting for any noise to tell me he's still there, nothing.

Slowly and silently, I open the bathroom door. I look out into the room but don't see him anywhere. Cautiously I step out into the room, unprepared for Alex to come up from behind the open door to grab me.

He wraps his arms around me, settling his hands securely over my mouth and my neck.

"Don't fight me," he whispers sharply in my ear, "I don't want to hurt you. You need to relax and be quiet. If I let you go do you promise you won't fight me again?"

I feel my lip quivering, I squeeze my watery eyes shut and nod. He lets go of my neck and takes his hand off my mouth. I gasp as I try to keep the sobs in.

"Alex," I squeak as I speak.

"Shh!" I flinch when he snaps back at me, "Be quiet. I need to think."

He's still holding me in place, his grip around my arms and torso loosens. I feel him carefully drop his head onto my shoulder, his sweat rolls onto my skin. As I try to pull away, he tightens his grip, my fighting accomplishes nothing except pulling my shirt off my shoulder.

I start shaking as he pushes me over to the bed, "Sit down," he tightens his grip and uses his leverage to force me onto the bed. He drops me down and starts pacing.

"God, my head is splitting," he runs his hands into his hair, holding it in his fists.

I scoot back up to the headboard and pull my legs close to me. He stops pacing, dropping his hands as he stares at me. He takes a few steps closer to the bed, the closer he gets the more I shake.