Chapter Forty-One

"It's time to eat. I hope you're hungry."

Of course I am. He only gives me one meal a day as far as I can tell. It's the only way I have of knowing how much time has passed, and I might be wrong. I really hope I'm wrong, because he gave Alex two days to find me, and this is meal number three.

"Please just let me go, please." I'm weak and tired. It's been near impossible to sleep between being tired to a chair and the never ending fear.

"Oh, shhhh," It sounds more like a hiss than any form of comfort. He carefully removes my blindfold and I'm met with those awful glowing eyes again. Every time they get worse, every time I see them I feel sicker.

"How long have I been here?" I whimper. I hate how weak I sound.

"Does it matter?" I stare at his silver vest, hoping to get away from the eyes.

"Doesn't it? You plan to brutally torture me when Alex doesn't come in a set amount of time. I think I should know when it's coming."

He chuckles. "Perhaps, or perhaps I'll just wake you with a knife through your hand when it's time."

He's been toying with me. Every chance he gets, he drops vague threats or does something to make me scared. I've tried not to give him the satisfaction, but I feel like I'm barely able to keep my head up.

"Three days."

For once, I've caught him off guard. He takes a deep breath and cracks his neck as he tries to hide his smile.

"Yes. Very good. I hope you're ready for what tonight has in store."

I lean away as he gets closer. With a wave of his hands, the ropes around my wrist disappear. I rub the raw skin as he brings a plate.

"You have ten minutes. I will be back, remember what will happen if you try and run. Hell will seem like a vacation compared to what I'll do to you!" His eyes shine a deeper red before he walks away.

I wait until he's gone to inspect the lack of food in front of me. I see and apple,  a small sandwich and a bottle of water. The water is the first thing I go for. Normally, ten minutes to eat would seem ridiculously short, but one meal a day and a small one at that, everything is gone before those ten minutes are up.

The sound of footsteps makes my stomach sink. This is probably it. I didn't think Alex would come, but I can't help but wish he had. Especially after what he said while we fought.

"Because I think I could be in love with you damn it!"

So much for that I guess...

I think, and the more I think the better running sounds. Yes he'll hurt me if I do, but maybe if I'm lucky whatever he does will kill me so I don't have to endure whatever his twisted mind has planned. At least my mom will know what happened to me instead of me just vanishing forever.

My mom.... Oh god my mom... I don't think I'll ever see her again. The tears start flowing again as the footsteps echo, getting closer.

"Oh don't start crying yet, where's the fun in that?"

I feel my mouth twist into a sneer as the devil stands before me. He's dressed more casually, in just a t-shirt and jeans. I can't help wonder if he changed so as not to mess up his nice clothes with my blood.

"Don't give me that look," He almost pouts as he speaks, "Try to relax, this'll be fun... Well, fun for me. What should we start with?"

I know if I try to stand, I'll fall, because my ankles are still tied to the chair. I'd give anything to have the strength to be able to stand up and deck him.