chapter 1: You've Changed

Sakura was stunned while watching her girlfriend in front of her. Her mind can't process all the words that Chaeyeon said. This is supposed to be sweet and romantic but damn it, she doesn't know how to respond to the proposal of her long time girlfriend. 

“Miyawaki Sakura will you spend your life together with me for the rest of your life? Will you marry me?” Chaeyeon repeated her proposal line. She was smiling, happiness is visible in her face while waiting for the answer “yes” of her beloved girlfriend.

 “C-Chae!?. I c-can't.” Sakura stutters while telling her answer, her word  makes Chaeyeon's world go upside down. Sakura runs away because of confusion, she doesn’t expect an early proposal from Chaeyeon. 

She is still not ready to enter a conflict marriage life. She  still enjoyed her freedom and thinking to enter a marriage life made her head hurt, and she still has a commitment in her work as a doctor. 

Chaeyeon runs so fast to catch up with her girlfriend, she grabs Sakura's hand."Sa-Saku-chan?" Chaeyeon was shaking, her eyes said how hurt she was.

“J-Jaeyeon., P-please understand me., I'm not ready to engage myself into a marriage life. I still have a dream to fulfill, If I get married early m-maybe there’s a possibility that dream will not fulfill.” Sakura stated before she left.

Chaeyeon was left alone, standing in the middle of the night. The rain slowly poured down together with her tears. It hurts when you can't do anything, the only thing you can do is just watching your loved one's slowly disappear in the dark. How she wishes that this is just a dream, that she woke up for her bad dream, that it was a nightmare. But it's not, this is reality. A reality that shows her how Saku-chan rejected her proposal. 

“Why do I expect you to accept my proposal? Why do I still hold for a small percentage that you still love me? You can't even introduce me to your family and now I'm expecting that you will marry me? How stupid I am for holding in a small amount of your love.” Chaeyeon whimpered.

Their relationship is almost 7 years, Sakura is sweet way back in their high school and college days but when the Japanese girl graduated and got a job, Chaeyeon felt that Sakura changed. She changes a lot, they barely go out on a date, Sakura has no time for her anymore. The cherry blossom would choose to spend her time playing Apex with Yena and Hyewon rather than giving her spare time with her.

And the most hurtful thing that the dancer felt when she discovered  that Sakura already introduced Hyewon to her mother first rather than her, her own girlfriend. 

  The dancer started to look down herself, thinking negative thoughts.

“Because you are just a choreographer, Chae, Hyewon is a professional doctor like Sakura and Yena. They have a stable and better job than you. You have nothing to be proud of. You just do nothing compared to them.” Chaeyeon mocks herself. The dancer wiped her tears and started walking. She is wet because of the heavy rain that poured on her.

---------------------------------------//-----//-----

It's been 3 months since the failed proposal happened. Kkura and Chae already talked about it. Chaeyeon had nothing to do even though she can’t accept that Sakura said no to her, it was Sakura's decision and Chae respected that. But the lovers no longer spend time with each other. To forget the pain of being rejected, She focused herself on work and she gave a little space for Sakura.

Sakura became busy in the hospital, her schedule became full because  the hospital she was assigned had a little problem. They lack doctors to accommodate the patients. While Chaeyeon started to accept the offer of a big agency to be their choreographer, she accepted to become an instructor of idols and she became busy too. The two only meet at night. It's either Chaeyeon goes home first or Sakura.