Chapter three

Jayden's pov:
i started walking towards the science room with Annie walking excruciatingly slow behind me. she still has her hoodie on, her hair is hanging in her eyes, and she's looking at the floor. i wish i could tell her to hurry up but mrs Hawks said "she's fragile". as if she's some sort of box of something.
i stood at the door of mrs Acoak's classroom, waiting for Annie to catch up to me so i can get in. i've never seen anyone walk this slow in my life.
what if she's doing it just to piss me off?
i really wanted to scream at her from down the hallway to tell her to hurry up but i don't want to rush her. she already doesn't like me and it shows, i don't need to make things worse.
so instead, i pulled out my phone and started to text her.
"do your legs move any faster?"
i heard her phone ping from the end of the hallway. she read the message and looked up at me, staring me dead in the eye. then she looked back down at her phone to text me back.
"sorry, got lost in my own thoughts."
i repeated that in my head as Annie walked over to me, moving much faster than before.
"sorry, got lost in my own thoughts."
lost in her own thoughts?
i don't know why that's stuck in my head, but now i want to know what she's constantly thinking about that makes her move mind drift away from reality.
i opened mrs Acoak's door and let Annie go in first. a couple people lifted their heads to see who had just walked in but quickly went back to talking. mrs Acoak introduced herself to Annie as she just stood there. when she was finished i gently grabbed Annie's wrist and pulled her to the back of the classroom, where my friends were. the ones that i normally goofed off with.
"guys, this is Annie. Annie, this is Armani, Conor, Talia, Sienna, Gabe, Emily, Sky, and Delilah." i pointed to each one of them as i spoke. Annie didn't react, she just studied their faces. there was an awkward silence before Talia stuck out her hand for Annie to shake it. Annie didn't take it, she just looked at it as if no ones ever tried to shake her hand before.
this girl is mad confusing.
i grabbed a chair for Annie and put it next to mine. all of our chairs were in a circle since we didn't have to sit at our desks today. Annie sat down carefully and placed her backpack on the ground. i heard Talia say, "so Annie, tell us about yourself." my eyes widened as i looked over at Annie who was writing in a piece of paper. i then spoke up for her.
"guys, Annie doesn't talk. she-"
i got interrupted by Annie placing her hand on my right arm. she put her hand in mine, giving me the piece of paper she had just written in.
i unfolded it and read it out loud. maybe that wasn't the best idea. the paper read,
"if your friends are anything like you then i most definitely don't want to be friends with them. tell the to please leave me alone."
well, it's official. she hates me.