Chapter four:

Annie's pov:
i wasn't expecting for Jayden to read what i wrote out loud. her group of friends tensed up a bit. the girls got quiet and the boys were trying to hold in their laughs.
i turned my head to look at Jayden, who was fiddling with her hands which were placed in her lap. she then lifted her head and looked at me. she smiled a forced but sincere smile, as if she already knew i felt bad. then she got up and walked to some girls seat and started talking to her. i didn't dare to look up at her friends.
all at once i felt so stupid and so small, a familiar feeling.
about a minute later Jayden came back smiling.
"someone's happy." Sky said while trying to contain her smile. "i just got Jenna Raine's number." Jayden announced, proudly.
my heart sank to my stomach.
i don't even know who Jenna Raine is, so why does this bother me so much?
i looked at Jayden who was goofing off with Talia, Delilah and Sienna. her guy friends were on their phones and Sky just sat there in silence. she looked as she was in deep thought.
this is gonna be a long day.
[fast forward to 4th period]
Annie's pov:
Jayden and i are in fourth period, which is mr Peterson's math class. math used to be my favorite subject because everything some how added up. there was a set specific place for everything and nothing was left out unless necessary. and there was always an answer, even when i couldn't find answers in my life.
now i can hardly solve for x. i'm in tenth grade and it's as if everything i've learned since i was a kid has completely slipped my mind.
i know it's up there somewhere, i just need to find it.
none of Jayden's friends are in this class, thank God. she's in accelerated math which is why they're not in here.
Jayden and i are sitting in the back of the classroom. she finished her quiz early, and of course passed it, so she's supposed to be back here trying to help me.
"so, what are you good at?" she asks in a low voice.
i shrugged my shoulders, not knowing if i was actually good at anything at this point.
jayden rolled her eyes in frustration of being unable to teach me, and then pulled out her phone. she sent me a text saying
"ik u don't like me but we have to make this work. maybe we can play icebreakers to try to get to know each other and make things a little less awkward so we can actually work ?"
i looked at her in confusion.
"what the hell are 'icebreakers' ?" i responded.
"i ask you a personal question and you answer honestly, vice versa."
i hesitated before responding
"ok. you go first."
this could go so horribly wrong.