Chapter 8

Annie's pov:
"do it." i pressed send. i'm not a big risk taker, but Jayden brings out different side of me.
a side that i closed off along time ago.
Jayden pushed my hair behind my ear gently with her left hand, as her right slid up my thigh to my waist. her face got increasingly close to mine, making my heart beat faster. i could almost feel it thumping out of my chest.
her lips pressed into mine.
i eased into it almost immediately. i felt....free?
our lips moved in sync as if we'd done this hundreds of times, but we haven't. i've kissed hella people but she's different. while kissing her i felt as if i was on literal fire but that feeling felt great. not just great but like the best feeling i've ever felt. this sounds so cliche but this felt like actual magic. the kind where not only sparks are flying but fireworks are going off in you.
i felt Jayden tightly grip the bottom of my shirt. she held onto the bottom of my shirt as if her life depended on it. i remember when Jayden and i were in fourth grade she'd grab onto her own shirt or jacket whenever she was angry, anxious, or upset. maybe that's a habit that never went away for her.
i pulled away from the kiss, just far out enough so i could see the look on her face. she looked completely fine, which confused me. i was about to ask her what's wrong when ms Hawks opened the door to the backseat and put her bag in it. i quickly pulled my head away from Jayden's and focused my attention on mrs Hawks.
"it's been a long day, y'all ready to get out of here?"
i looked at Jayden who was rolling her eyes in annoyance. i smiled and nodded my head at Monica.
huh.
i wonder if i can call her that now since i'm gonna be around her more.
Monica closed the door and hopped into the front seat. as she started backing out Jayden places her hand in mine, lacing my fingers with hers. i looked at her and smiled before placing my head on her shoulder.
~
when we got to Jayden's house mrs Hawks pulled Jayden aside and started talking to her in a whisper so faint, i couldn't hear. all i could tell was that Jayden was pissed off, her body language said it all for her. there'd be instances where Jayden would try to storm off, obviously trying to avoid whatever they were talking about, but mrs Hawks wouldn't let her.
huh.
a/n:
sorry this chapter is short, i've been extremely busy bc i start school today but i'll post more chapters, now that i'm done with all my bts shopping etc.
also, this story has a lot of spelling errors which i'll definitely get to so consider this book under editing (i might put that in the tittle)
i cut it short because the next chapter is gonna be in Jayden's pov which is really crucial to the story so stay tuned!!