Chapter five:

Jayden's pov:
"why are you mute?"
the first question i asked annie.
she didn't hesitate while answering me with
"too many reasons."
"can you give me specifics?"
she made eye contact with me for a split second. i could see a hint of annoyance in them. maybe i shouldn't have asked.
"only one question per a persons turn. now it's my turn." she texted back.
i nodded my head in agreement as she typed.
"biggest lie you've ever told?"
"i've lied to my mom for the past 15 years, saying that i like guys."
annie stared at her phone. she didn't respond, she didn't look up at me, she just stared at our texts.
damn, i should've lied or something and said-
i felt a hand on my knee. it was annie's. i met her eyes, which were sparkling almost.
shit.
then she mouthed the words "that's okay."
can this girl read through me or something?
i'm not completely comfortable with the fact that i like girls. probably because i was raised in such a religious upbringing. i don't think i'll ever be comfortable with it, so i try not to think about it but it's on my mind almost everyday.
trying to figure out exactly what i am confuses and frustrates me but for some reason annie telling me that it's okay makes me feel ... better?
my phone buzzed.
"your turn."
"why do you hate me?"
annie scrunched her eyebrows in confusion but quickly replaced it with her remarkable smile. you don't see it often but when you do, you just know you're lucky. you feel it in your heart.
"i don't hate you. our personalities just clash. you're so cocky and annoying from a distance but it's actually kinda cute. i'm sorry about how rude i was about your friends. they just seem kinda arrogant."
i nodded my head in agreement about my friends.
so, she thinks i'm cocky and annoying but she finds it cute? i don't know if i should be offended or not but at least she doesn't hate me.
"why do you act out at school?"
"too many reasons."
"that's fair."
a/n
sorry this chapter is so short, didn't have a lot of motivation but trust me, the next chapter will be a lot more longer and way more interesting. thank y'all for all the votes and sweet comments under the past chapters, they really do mean a lot to me.❤️