Chapter 9

Jayden's pov:
as soon as we got in the house Monica pulled me to the side and whispered "what's up with you and annie?"
my eyes widened. i don't need this right now. i tried to act innocent, as if her very question was insulting so she wouldn't get any ideas.
"ew! what the hell- why would you even ask that?"
"Jayden. you're a terrible lier. and you're turning red. besides, i already saw you two making out in the back of my car."
i jumped, taken back by what she had just said.
come on, Jayden. how do you get yourself out of this?
"so, you were spying on us? wow. you really don't trust me."
"don't play that on me. it's my car and i'm allowed to be looking into it whenever i want to. you're lucky that i was kind enough to let the two of you finish whatever was going on in there. and no, recently i haven't been trusting you since you wanna have temper tantrums every five seconds."
i didn't know if i was about to burst into flames or tears. but regardless of what i was feeling, i responded with "well, i'm sorry my parents couldn't care less about me or my well-being."
"stop blaming your the dumb shit you do on your parents. i know they gave up on you but you have to move on. you've got me."
i rolled my eyes and laughed.
sarcastically, of course.
"i appreciate everything you're doing for me, but you're not my parent. no matter how much you try to be."
Monica giggled before saying "you think i'm trying to replace your mom, don't you? what dumb shit are you on?"
what the hell is wrong with her? i rolled my eyes and exhaled in attempt to let out my frustration without taking in out on anyone. i guess Monica could tell i was pissed, she then said "why don't we talk about this later? after your girlfriend leaves."
i literally chocked on my own air.
"i'm sorry, she is not my girlfriend."
Monica scoffed. "okay, whatever you say. just make sure to actually get some work done while y'all are up there. i'm gonna be randomly checking on y'all so if i walk in and y'all are making out you have to leave the door open."
"shut up, Monica." i mumbled, while turning on my heel to walk away from her.
"make me, Isabel."
i stuck up middle finger in her face without turning back to face her and walk towards Annie. she was smiling uncontrollably. it was cute but also kinda scary. "what's making you so happy?"
she smiled and then pulled out her phone.
"'Isabel'?"
i started to turn red. "stop." i mumbled while hiding my bush stained face in my hands.
"why did she call you Isabel?"
"that's my middle name and i hate it. like, i hate it with my entire heart."
Annie's smile quickly faded into a frown.
"why? i think it's cute."
"it's a long story."
Annie nodded her head and then sent another message.
"okay Isabel."
"are you seriously gonna call me that now?"
annie slightly giggled. "maybe."
i looked up at Annie, who was staring at me with curiosity in her eyes. as if she was studying me, trying to figure me out.
as soon as i caught her eye she looked back down at her phone and started typing again.
"are we gonna study in your room orrrrr....?"
i lightly smiled and grabbed her hand, dragging her up to my room.
a/n:
i am so sorry i suck at updating, i've just been extremely busy (lazy) but i'll most definitely try harder❤️