I Owe You

At the end of band practice Laney, Kin, and Kon went home, after they left Corey checked the clock. He still had an hour or two so he went upstairs and thought for a bit, he remembered feeling this excited a long time ago. When it was finally time to go he left, he decided that walking would take too long and got there another way.

He checked the message he got again just to make sure he had read it right and then headed to the back door. After a brief explanation to the guard in front of the door he was allowed in and led to where he needed to go. The guard had taken him inside and knocked on the door, Corey almost hated that he was slightly nervous.

The door opened and someone was on the other side, Corey recognized them as Riley, the singer of a fairly popular band. Riley looked at him, "Hey, you're here, come on in."

Corey walked into the room while trying to hide his nerves as best he could, thankfully he was good at that. Riley closed the door before speaking again, "So you probably know everyone but we'll introduce ourselves just in case. Eric's the guy with the drum sticks, Marvin's currently tuning his base, and Melanie's chilling on the couch with her guitar next to her."

Corey waved a little, "Hey."

Riley looked at his band mates, "Guys, this is the guy that responded to our post."

Melanie's eyes widened a little, "Oh yeah, you said your band's name is Grojband right?"

Corey nodded, "Yup, and thanks for letting me come talk to you guys."

Eric spoke, "No problem man, so you know we're looking for an opening act right?"

"Yeah, you said you like to have local bands open for your shows."

Marvin looked up from his base, "That just about sums it up, so if we did have you open for us what would you play?"

"Well without the rest of my band I can't play it for you but I do have the sheet music if you want to take a look."

Corey took out the sheet music and Riley took it, the band looked all of it over for about ten minutes. Melanie was the first to speak after their huddle, "Dude, this song is awesome, who wrote it?"

Corey looked away, "I did actually, I've had that one for a while and figured it might be a good choice for this."

Marvin spoke, "Definitely, it fits with our playlist for this show really well."

Riley smiled, "So, all those for letting Grojband open for us?" They all raised their hands, "It's settled then."

Eric looked at Corey, "Looks like your our opening act kid."

Corey used every bit of his will power to stop himself from jumping for joy or something, he even ignored the kid comment. Corey soon left and he couldn't help but smile, he quickly went home feeling happier then he'd been in a while. Meanwhile, Corey's band mates were a bit suspicious of the fact that Corey somehow had new music for them.

He couldn't come up with his own lyrics let alone write sheet music for each of their instruments. They hadn't heard the lyrics yet because they suspected he didn't have any yet but they wanted to figure out what was up. So when Corey left the house they went inside and made their way into his room without being seen.

They closed the door once they were inside and Laney looked at Kin and Kon, "Search for anything that looks important."

They both nodded and they started searching the room, they looked in the closet, under the bed, and so on. Kin then looked in Corey's desk and found a locked drawer, "Hey guys, this drawer is locked."