Between The Raindrops

Two days passed incredibly slowly for Corey, he and Nick were still doing well but Trina was starting to annoy him. If her summoning one of his demons hadn't made him want to strangle her the threats and attempts at messing with him did. He did his best to ignore her and worked on getting ready for the band festival by setting everything up.

He called the mayor to sign up and then talked to his demons, Abaddon, Lilith, and Azazel agreed but Azazel refused to deal with people. Corey told him he could do inventory, Lilith and Abaddon would just let him know if they needed more of something. Aside from that he practiced with the band as much as they could to get ready and he felt like they were ready.

There was equipment they could use at the festival and Corey had already dropped off their instruments with his demons. He'd helped set up the merchandise table and organize everything so he left his demons to keep an eye on everything. He'd be walking with the rest of the band to the park the festival was being held at along with his parents, Trina, Mina, and Nick.

He was ready to go so he just needed to wait for literally everyone else, the rest of the band was on their way. Nick texted saying he got delayed and his family was getting ready, he was the devil and yet he was getting tortured with waiting. Corey groaned before someone knocked on the door, Nick was standing there with a box and Corey smirked, "What's with the box?"

Nick smiled, "You'll find out after the festival."

Nick kissed him on the cheek and Corey smiled before letting Nick in, now they just had to wait for the others. His parents came down a few minutes later, then Laney showed up, then Kin and Kon, and Trina and Mina were last. Corey practically forced everyone out the door and they were on their way to the festival.

Corey talked with Nick and his bandmates as they walked and the fallen angel could hear Trina complaining to Mina. She hated that Nick was talking to him and that she couldn't despite attempting to a few times. It took less then twenty minutes to reach the park, his parents, Trina, and Mina went to find seats.

Corey stopped at the merchandise booth and the demons smiled, Azazel was in the back but he sensed the angel and came out. He'd put up a sheet so Azazel wouldn't even have to look at very many people and the demon appreciated it. Lilith spoke, "My lord, is everything alright?"

Corey smiled, "Everything is fine, I came to make sure you hadn't started a fire."

Azazel spoke, "Give us some credit my lord, we would have hidden the evidence by now."

"True, but while I'm here I might as well introduce you, these are my friends."

Laney, Kin, Kon, and Nick all waved but a few of them looked nervous, Azazel just scoffed and went into the back again which made Corey smile. Lilith smiled, "Oh so you're the humans our lord has associated himself with."

Laney spoke, "Um, I guess."

Lilith laughed just a little and went to check on Azazel, Abaddon looked at Corey, "You might want to head to the stage my lord. This festival should be getting started soon and you won't want to miss the opening."

"True, I'll leave the three of you to it then."

The group started walking away and Abaddon called after them, "Give 'em hell Luci."

Corey laughed and that seemed to be the only response that was needed, Kon spoke, "Why did she call you Luci?"

"It's a nickname for my other name, you know, Lucifer, Luci, a lot of the older demons call me that."

Laney looked confused, "I thought they were afraid of you."

"Not necessarily, they know not to test me but if they haven't done anything wrong they don't have to worry."