Let You Down

It was Monday, Corey had school and the whole day he kept glancing at the clock, he wanted to get home so the band could practice. That's why when the final bell rang he was the first kid out of class, he met up with the band just outside of the school building and they all walked to his house. They started practicing almost as soon as they got inside and Corey was more then a little happy.

Not only was the show today but last night after Nick kissed him they agreed to start dating which he was ecstatic about. The only thing that brought down his mood slightly wasn't his sister, nor his parents, but his band mates. He could still feel them staring at him, he felt like a criminal about to be sentenced to death.

He didn't think asking about it now would be good because they had a show in a few hours but he'd ask afterward. One thing that made up for the uncomfortable feeling was that they were playing the song perfectly. They hadn't heard the lyrics yet and Corey wanted to surprise them with the fact that he didn't need Trina to get them.

Corey and his band had to leave early for the show so they could set up and have a chance to talk to the band first. Kin and Kon's mom agreed to take them to the show along with their instruments which was good. Corey's parents were taking Trina and Mina to the show since they were going anyway so they couldn't take them.

Laney's parents were working at the moment but would get off in time to be at the show so Kin and Kon's mom was their saving grace. They packed up their instruments and got into the car, Corey sat in the front while Kin, Kon, and Laney sat in the back. Corey talked with Kin and Kon's mother while the band continued to watch him but he managed to have a nice conversation with her.

When they got to the place the concert was being held Ms. Kujira stopped the car near the back door. They got out of the car and Corey quickly talked to the security guard at the back door while the others unpacked the instruments. They were let inside and a few people working as security helped them bring their instruments inside and to the main stage.

As they were getting set up the Midnight Musicians walked onto the main stage and Riley waved at Corey. Corey smiled before looking at his band mates, "Guys, these are the people we're opening for."

Laney smiled, "Oh hey, we haven't met you guys yet."

Eric spoke, "It's good to meet you guys."

Unfortunately that was the moment their manager called them backstage and they had to see what was up. They promised they'd talk later and it gave Corey and the band a chance to finish setting up. But true to their word the Midnight Musicians did talk to them more after talking to their manager.

About ten minutes before the show was supposed to start Laney, Kin, and Kon pulled Corey aside to talk in private. Laney spoke, "Corey, what are you going to do about lyrics?"

"I already told you, don't worry about it."

Kin spoke, "But you always have to make Trina go diary at the last second when you say that."

"Look, it's all under control, everything is fine so let's just get ready to go on stage and please stop worrying."

At that moment a woman wearing a headset looked at them from around the curtains, "Grojband, places, the show's going to start soon."

Corey nodded to show that they heard her and when she left he looked at his band mates, "Seriously, I've got this."

Corey then left to wait for the band's cue and they reluctantly followed him, their suspicions were growing even more with how Corey was acting. They waited for their cue and when they got it they got ready and started playing when the lights came up. For a second Laney, Kin, and Kon were worried Corey wasn't going to sing and were surprised when he did.