Labour 😱

Y/n PoV

I woke up with a sudden start. A sharp, wave like pain hit me suddenly in the womb.
I immediately sit up clutching my lower stomach.
I then noticed a flush of water leave me.
It was happening
I quickly shook Tommy, who was sleeping peacefully. It was a shame to wake him because sleep was rare to Tommy Shelby but I needed him now more than I ever did.
"Tommy," I whispered, "Tommy wake up its fucking happ-" I felt another sharp pain and I cried out loudly.
Tommy woke up then with a jump, "y/n love what's going on?"
I looked at him for one moment in pain and then I weakly smiled, "it's fucking happening, this baby is coming, and it's coming quickly please get Polly!"
Tommy gave me a kiss on the forehead, "I'll be back, I'll be back," he pulled on his trousers and ran out the door to fetch Polly across the street, thankfully she lived opposite us in Watery Lane.
I let out another yelp of pain. The contractions were lethal.
Prolly burst through the door followed by a flustered looking tommy, his face showed his obvious nervousness and concern.
Prolly rushed over and put her hand in my cheek, "it's okay love, Polly's here," she took off her coat and placed it on the chair.
Tommy just stood still watching me in pain, feeling helpless.
"Tommy I need a bowl of warm water and towels, this is going to be tough y/n but you'll get through it." Polly ordered Tommy rushed out gathering the apparatus.

TOMMY'S POV

I left to gather everything to help y/n deliver the baby. God, I felt so helpless and useless. I didn't know what to do, but Polly did and I trusted her.
I was in the kitchen boiling the water when I heard an ear piercing scream coming from y/n. My heart was pounding, "I'm coming now y/n just hold on," I called pouring the water into the bowl and rushing back upstairs to her.
I entered the room and my heart broke as soon as I seen y/n's face scrunched up in pain, her forehead sweaty and her fists clenched. I rushed over to her, placing the bowl on the chest of drawers and held her hand.
"It's okay love it's okay, you're doing great."
She squeezed my hand and let another cry out. "Polly she's in so much pain," my voice broke, I've never seen her in so much pain.
"I know tommy, and she's going to be in more...the baby's breach," she said.
"Oh fuck! Just what I need," Y/n screamed.
I held her hand and stroked her cheek, tears of pain were rolling down them, I did my best to dry them with my sleeve.
"Oh fuck this, I'm getting a doctor," I got up, but Polly stopped me, "I know what I'm doing, Tommy it's 2 in the morning where will you find a doctor at this time anyways?" She pressed. I went to argue but she just pushed me outside the door.
"Pour yourself a whiskey and let me do the hard work,"
I ran my hands through my hair, "she needs me beside her,"
"No, she has me - now go your distracting me," she closed the door on my face.

Y/n PoV 💙

The pain was excruciating, and after Tommy left I felt lonely. Polly was very helpful, but she was doing the job of getting it out.
Since the baby was breach she had to try and turn it around which was a whole new sensations altogether.
"I want tommy," I sobbed, throwing my head back against the pillows in pain.
"You're doing fine without him sweetheart,"
I nodded, but it was true - I needed him.
"Okay y/n time to push," Polly said, she gave me a reassuring nod.
Then hell started.
I had never felt pain like it.
I screamed and cried and sobbed loudly and I could hear tommy downstairs kicking chairs and breaking glasses obviously out of rage at not being able to be with me at this time. I wouldn't want to put him through seeing me like this.
"The baby's head is out y/n keep going,"

TOMMYS POV

The screaming and cries broke my heart. My frustration was building up.
Polly wouldn't let me in so I just sat on the top step and listened to what was going on.
"Polly please I need tommy!" She whimpered, and that's when I had enough. I immediately burst through the door and sat beside her.
"Love I'm here you're alright," I whispered, stroking her hair, which was dampened with sweat. Polly rolled her eyes.
She grabbed my hand as she pushed with all her strength.
"You're doing great y/n" Polly praised.
And then with one final scream out of y/n, I heard a cry.
A baby's cry.
My child.
Our child.
Y/n starting crying as well.
Polly cut the cord and smiled, "it's a boy...a beautiful baby boy!"
I looked at y/n and we both grinned at each other.
"Well done y/n," I kissed her, gently knowing she was weak.
"Let me hold him please," she quietly whispered.

Y/n's POV ❤️

I felt a relief when I heard my baby's cry. Knowing he was healthy and alive, I sighed in relief.
I thought I knew what love is but holding your own child that was yours and the one you loved, it is a completely different kind of love.
His little fingers curled around my thumb and kissed my boy repeatedly on the forehead.
Tommy was so excited to hold him so I passed out child over to him.
He laughed out of nervousness and adoration.
Polly sat down beside him and patted him on the back.
"Congratulations, both of you,"
"Thank you Polly for everything," I smiled, taking her hand and giving it a squeeze.
She soon left after checking I was okay and out child was alright.
Tommy smiled at me, still holding our son, "you are amazing y/n, I love you so much," he kissed my forehead again.
"I love you tommy, and our son," I place my hand on our child's head.
And then I slept soundly knowing my son was alive and safe.