Abandoned

Y/n PoV:

All my life I've felt alone. An outcast, an unwanted child, an unimportant part of this world.
I guess my issues began when I was younger, these things always do and they always seem to have extreme mental repercussions on the victims as the grow up.
I was only 8 when My mother had died of consumption - it was never easy and being the only child I had only my father to grieve with. But my father was always drunk, he never physically abused me but his words would cut deeper than any wound a person could inflict. He screamed that I was unwanted and that he couldn't look after me because I was such a pain and one day I woke up and my father was gone. It was emotional trauma that still scars me.
He just left, walked out on me and never looked back. I suppose I can't blame the man.
There was a crinkled piece of paper with my father handwriting sprawled over it saying:

Y/n, I don't know how to look after you. I've tried but nothing is the same without your mother.  Here is a small amount of money to get you bread for the week and then you will have to find your own way. You brought this on yourself and I hope that realise you drove your father out of his own house.
I have no daughter now and I suggest you keep in mind that you have no father.

My heart broke. It still does to this day thinking of that blasted letter.
After a couple of weeks I was evicted from the house for not paying rent and I was being escorted to the local orphanage.
The nuns were usually kind although I occasionally was the victim of their temper - particularly when I would talk in lessons.

As I grew up my fathers words never left my mind. I was the reason for my father to leave. And it's only in my later years I realised I was the victim.

But now here we are I'm 24 I'm in a loving relationship with my 29 year old boyfriend, Thomas Shelby.

Ugh where to begin with him.
Not only does he have extremely alluring good looks but his persona in general is intoxicating. He has a hardcore, emotionless exterior but he always is kind and sensitive towards me.
Although we have our couples arguments the odd time we always forgive and forget easily.

Tommy knew that my father had abandoned me and often comforted me on nights where I would have nightmares of the events. Between my mothers death and my father leaving. Tommy and I had similar situations only when his mother died and father left, his Aunt Pol took up the maternal role and the brothers worked together to raise the younger two.

However, he knew I didn't have an aunt Pol, I didn't have older brothers. I had no one.

1920

I walked into the offices with Tommy, hand in hand. Obviously, Tommy got a few laughs and joking comments about being a pushover from his friends and brothers and I would receive glares from woman jealous of the position I have in tommy Shelby's heart.

"Alright love I'll see you later" Tommy squeezed my hand and walked off into his office. I sat down at my desk opposite Lizzie.
"Well y/n, never thought I'd see the day Tommy would show public affection. The man with a heart of ice is beginning to melt," she winked cheekily and I threw my head back and laughed.
"Oh Lizzie, it's not like he kissed me in front of everyone it was just holding hands,"
"Still never thought I'd see the day"

As we ended our conversation we got straight into work.
Halfway through the day there was a commotion coming from the  entrance of the offices.
I could hear Aunt Pol's voice calling out "well if you don't have an appointment you can't see him he's a very busy man"
"I'm not looking for Tommy Shelby," the voice bellowed.
That voice.
His voice.
My head was getting light and I felt a strange sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.
"I came to see my fucking daughter, y/n,"
I let out a small gasp and made my way slowly to the entrance.
We made brief eye contact and everyone seemed to look at me. There was a silence and I seen Arthur and John giving me confused looks and Aunt Pol looking sympathetic obviously noting my red face from embarrassment.

"Daughter? Thought you stopped using that a long time ago," I muttered not breaking eye contact with the man that left me. That abandoned me on the streets all alone.
"Well Y/n, I've decided to reach out to you-"
"Too late for that. I needed you 14 years ago and you fucked off,"
My father's face went red and a vein began to bulge.
"You drove me away!" He bellowed.
Arthur intervened causing us both to stop.
"This is a respectable workplace with...ugh...respectable...umm....values," Arthur struggled to find the right thing to say but I was too angry at my father arrogance.
"What do you want?" I spat out, taking a few steps closer.
"Well not a relationship with you that's for sure," he laughed and I slapped him across the face.
"You bitch!" He attempted to lunge at me a gun shot rang out.
I jumped in fright but turned around to see Tommy pointing the gun to the ceiling, he strode forward towards my father and pointed the gun at his balls.
"You touch a hair in her head and I'll blow your fucking balls off," he said relatively quietly but the threat in his voice was real.

My father looked Tommy in the eyes before edging away with his hands up in surrender.
"I don't get why you're defending her, she's a horrible child,"
"I'm going to count to 5. If you aren't out of those doors I will shoot you. If In5 minutes you are not out of Birmingham, I will shoot you. If you ever come near my y/n again, I will personally have it seen that you are to die a slow, painful death,"

Scared like the coward he is, my father scurried out like a mouse.
I let a sigh of relief and felt my eyes tear up.
Tommy looked at me and took my hand and led me to his office.
As soon as the door was closed I collapsed into his arms and sobbed.
Tommy stroked my hair and kissed my forehead to console me but he knew the pain I was in would take more than kisses to hugs to heal.
"He's never going to come near you again y/n," he whispered and gently swayed.
I sniffled a few times before staring into his eyes.
"Tommy please never abandon me like he did," I placed my hand on his cheek. Although some may see this as a sign of desperation I needed his confirmation.
"Y/n," he whispered, in shock at the suggestion. He guided me to the small sofa in his office.
"I won't desert you now y/n. And I never will. That bastard doesn't even deserve to know you or claim to be your father. We have each other now,"
"I just feel abandoned," I looked down, but Tommy tilted my chin up and stared deep into my eyes.
"You are not alone y/n. You'll never be alone again. I love you, and nothing will ever harm you or hurt you as long as I'm here," he kissed me and continued to cradle me as I silently cried.