I'm not that girl

The Garrison was filled with loud chatter, Jazz music being played in the background and the occasional brawl between two men trying to impress the women (who looked mildly uncomfortable) they were with.

I kept myself to myself trying not to draw much attention to my self. I was observing the people around me, and unfortunately none of them were a familiar face. Where was Tommy and the boys?
My thoughts were interrupted by a rather unintentional hard slap on the shoulder from Arthur.
"Y/n!" He called out engulfing me into a rib crushing bear hug.
"Hello Arthur," I struggled as I was being squished. The smell of whiskey was strong and it was obvious he was tipsy.
"Where's everyone?" I released my self from him and patted the seat next to me, inviting him to sit down.
"Tommy's off fucking the bar maid and John - well I don't know where that stupid fucker is," he laughed loudly, taking my glass of scotch and downing it.
"Oi that was mines!" I playfully punched him.
"So tommy is fucking grace now," I have a disapproving look and Arthur smiled sympathetically - knowing my unconditional and undying love for his brother.
"Sorry y/n, I shouldn't have said,"
"No Arthur don't be silly - he can do whatever he wants," I try to put on an unbothered facade but Arthur, even though intoxicated, stares at me with one raised eyebrow.
As if right on cue, I seen out of the corner of my eye Tommy and Grace entering from the room behind the bar, Grace's hair disheveled and lipstick smudged and tommy was fixing his tie. He kissed her cheek before she went back behind the bar to continue work and he strode over to Arthur and I.
"Good evening Y/n" he sat down, lighting a cigarette while doing so.
"Thomas," I nod, trying not to show my true envious emotions.
Arthur coughed to fill the awkward silence as Tommy continued to stare at me. My cheeks went bright red and I stared at my clutch purse.
"So are you and Grace a thing now," Arthur asked Tommy.
"What makes you think that?" Tommy asked trying to act confused.
I scoffed and pointed to the room they exited.
"I'm sure you didn't go in there to discuss business or anything," I spat, I didn't mean to sound so angry but it just came out that way.
Arthur kicked me under the table.
I scoffed and rose from the table "I'm going home now,"
Tommy rose as well, "I'll walk you home,"
"No wouldn't want you to leave Grace here by herself - she might want a quick fuck behind the bar again," I said sarcastically and walked straight out of the doors, leaving Arthur laughing  and Tommy dumbfounded at my words.

As I made my way down the cobbles streets if Birmingham I heard footsteps behind me, I quickened my pace but as I did, the person behind followed suit.
Suddenly, I felt a hand grab me and pushed me against the wall of a nearby alleyway.
I stared into my attackers eyes realising it wasn't an attacker.
It was tommy fucking Shelby.
"The fuck are you doing Tommy," I shouted releasing myself from his grip, he let me go put still had me cornered against the wall.
"The fuck was that you were doing in the Garrison," he shouted back, his face complete confusion as he was totally unaware of my feelings for him.
"I was just pointing out the obvious - you fucking that barmaid," I laughed sarcastically, Tommy's jawline clenched.
"Have you got something against Grace or something?"
"Yes,"
Tommy looked down at his shoes.
"Y/n I love her, I think" and with that sentence my heart was crushed.  I never thought a man would be capable of causing such hurt to me but those words broke my heart.
"Oh," I manage to inaudibly whisper.
"So please, respect her y/n" he moved in closer lifting my chin up with two of his fingers.
"Tommy Shelby in love? Never thought I hear the day," I smiled sadly, tears beginning to form in my eyes. Tommy returned the smile and kissed my forehead. My heart fluttered at his gesture.
"That's the girl you chose," I say weakly, my voice faltering as tears form down my cheeks.
Tommy stared at me confused, "what do you mean? She was the only girl that has loved me," he said, and as soon as I said that I sighed and leaned against the wall.
"Oh Tommy, she wasn't the only girl,"
And then it hit him, it all crashed over him. All of his years of obliviousness and ignorance to my love for him started to piece together.
"But that's the girl you chose," I place my hand gently in his cheek "and God knows I'm not that girl," I smiled weakly and turned and walked away.
Leaving Tommy Shelby one again dumbfounded at my words.