Tear us apart

Y/n's PoV
1908- tommy is aged 18
You're dad never approved of Tommy Shelby. A gangster and a man you're father saw as a cold hearted criminal taking his pure daughter away from him. But he couldn't be more wrong.

Yes, of coarse Tommy Shelby is a gangster and a criminal in the eyes of the law. But to me he's different, he loves me, he cares for me and he would do anything and be anyone for me.
I feel safe when I am with him and I feel complete.

Currently I'm sitting on the edge of my bed, crying my eyes out, my father locked the door - there was no escape.
"You are never to see Tommy Shelby again y/n! He is nothing but scum!" You're father shouted through the door.
"But I love him!" I screamed back kicking my bed in anger and rage.
I finally give up and fall to the ground and hug my knees, placing my head on them and taking deep breaths to calm myself down.
Tommy will come and get me, I know he will. It's only a matter of time.

A few hours pass and I start to feel hungry.
"I'm hungry papa," I raise my voice so he can hear me, the door unlocks and papa enters, looking distraught.
"I don't like doing this y/n it's only for your safety because i love you," he places his hand on my shoulder.
" I'm seventeen,  what are you so afraid of Papa?Tommy is a good man to me. I may be still a teenager but with him I feel like a woman. A respected woman at that," I sniff
My fathers eyes change from compassionate to cold, "y/n this is for your own good, you are never going to see him again - now I'm immediately going to take you to you're Nana's farm in the country far away from the muck and the dirt and all the trouble and far away from Tommy Shelby,"  he grabs my arm forcefully and leds me down the stairs.
"No!" I shout
"Oh yes and you will work there and I will find you a suitable man for you,"
I start to resist by trying to squirm my way out of his grip but it's useless, he has a hold of me.
"Papa if you really love me you wouldn't send me away please no," I beg him.
"I'm sorry," he says opening the door, making our way to the car. As we get closer he reveals a rope and starts to tie me.
"In case you try and escape," he tightens it around my hands.
I look desperately around the streets but they are empty as it is the middle of the night:
"Help me tommy," I whisper and close my eyes and hop into the car.
I try to come up with a plan in my head and I wrack my Brain for one.
"Papa, I don't have any clothes with me or my belongings, let me get some please?" I beg, he looks at me and shakes his head "no, I will get them." He gets out of the car but before doing so he secures the rope around my hands but additionally ties it to the seat so I can't move.
"Just in case," he kisses me in the forehead and walks into the house.
I close my eyes and start to cry - I'll possibly never see tommy again and I'm scared to death about it.
I open my eyes and scan the street in front of me and I see a figure emerging closer to the car.
And if it was perfect timing it was Tommy Shelby, a cigarette dangling from his mouth.
"Tommy!" I scream trying to grab his attention, when he sees me his face lights up and he lightly runs to the car.
"Y/n what are you doing at this time in a car?" He laughs slightly
"Tommy help me, Papa is forcing me to leave here. He doesn't want me with you but tommy I do. Tommy please help me please tell me you'll help me,"
My eyes are searching in his and he looks down and noticed the rope and his eyes bulge. He swiftly removes his hat and uses the blades to cut the rope. As soon as I'm free I jump into his arms.
"You're alright y/n you aren't going any where you don't want to go," he kisses my forehead.
Just as we kiss on the lips I feel myself being pulled back from tommy forcefully.
"Get you're scum  hands off my daughter," my father growls at tommy.
Tommy's face hardens "she's not going any where,"
My father laughs and pushes me to the side, "do you think I'll let me daughter go to a criminal like you. Let me tell you something, men like you Tommy are incapable of love and being in love and feeling loved. No one has ever loved you and y/n doesn't love you, she's still basically a child she doesn't know what love is,"
Tommy clenches his jaw but stays silent.
He looks at his shoes.
"Face it tommy, you don't love her, she's just one of you're fall back women who you talk to when you feel lonely,"
Tommy roll his eyes and scoffs
"Well I love him," I whimper through my tears.
"And I love her," he whispers.
I sigh in relief. And let the tears flow freely. My father looks puzzled and unsure on what to do or say next.
"I love y/n," Tommy says boldly to my father and steps closer to him, "and nothing will stop me from getting her. If you take her I will follow her and I will save her from you're plan of keeping us apart. Where she goes, I go."
My father's eyes soften, and he turns to me.
"Y/n I'm not staying with this going on. I'm moving to the country. If you wish to stay, then stay," my eyes light up and I smile. But my smile fades when I hear what he says next,
"But mark my words, if you don't come with me, I will no longer consider you as my daughter. You being with a Shelby has brought shame to me and our family. What would your mother think?"
My heart broke when he mentioned my mother.
What would she think? Would she care? Love is love regardless who it is, right? Or maybe she would be ashamed for leaving father for some boy, some crush. But tommy isn't just a crush, he is the love of my life.
"Papa mother would be happy for me," I whisper, but father scoffs, "far from it," He sneers.
"No she would be, because she wasn't shallow minded like you. Papa you know how much he means to me and obviously how much I mean to him. This isn't just a crush, this is what love is. A feeling  you clearly don't understand," I spit and push past him to Tommy.
"Go," I shout. My father looks at me with hatred in his eyes and gets in the car and speeds off. As soon as the car is out of distance I collapse and cry, Tommy holds me in the middle of the street and comforts me, "y/n it's okay you don't need him, you have me and you'll always have me,"