Ill always be with you Tommy

Tommy's PoV:
There she was.
My y/n lying peacefully, eyes closed and hand together, in her coffin.
My eyes started to water when I seen her, I just couldnt hold it back.
My beautiful y/n lost and gone forever.
I don't believe in God but in times like this I wish I had someone to pray to, and I'm going to need someone to be there when I know rightly y/n isn't.
But all religion is a foolish answer to a foolish question.
It's amazing though how someone you love so much can just leave immediately and there's nothing you can do to bring them back.
I would give anything in my power to make that bullet hit me.
Why did she jump in front of me to save me?
Me?
I deserved the die, since when did "God" take the good.
Why am I still alive and why is she not?

All this thoughts rushed through my head and I felt completely hopeless. I couldn't bring her back.
I looked up from my unbroken gaze with her to see y/n's mother wailing into her fathers chest.
"My little girl!" She sobbed clutching on y/n's dad for support.
My heart aches for them, I didn't just lose my wife but they lost their daughter, their only daughter.
No parent wants to outlive their child that's not how it works.
And yet here I am standing before them knowing I was the real reason why she died.
Her mother looked up and sniffed she then wobbled over to me and looked me straight in the eye.
I went to open my mouth to say some comforting words but she stopped me by slapping me across the face.
"You did this!" She hissed "you are the reason my daughter is dead! I'm never going to see her again thanks to you Thomas. You are the reason she's in that coffin!" She screamed
"This is all your fault, Thomas!" She wailed and started hitting my chest. I just and let her, I couldn't stop her for what she was saying was right. It was my fault
Eventually she was stopped my y/n's dad who gave a nod and walked her out of the room.

*************

As I stood by y/n's grave a single tear fell and rolled down my cheeks.
I lay red roses on her graveside as I knew those were her favourite.
"Y/n I don't know how things work after you die." I said aloud. "I don't know if there is a god or a heaven or hell, but if there is I know you're in heaven,"
And then I did something I hadn't done since I was a child. I prayed.
"I don't know God if you can hear me or if you're even there, I don't know if you'll answer a man like me's prayer...I"

"So you're praying now, Tommy,"
I froze. Her voice. Y/n's voice.
I turned around to find y/n looking radiant as ever wearing a long white gown. She looked happy, she looked healthy, she looked alive
"Y/n..." I blinked profusely  wondering if this was just my imagination.
"Tommy, I'm okay, I'm alright." She came close towards me and I fell to my knees and cried. She wrapped her arms around me and I held onto her waist as she stroked my hair from above me.
"Y/n I'm so sorry," I whispered.
"Tommy, It's not your fault. It never was and never will be. I love you and I promise I'll always be with you," She then kissed me in the cheek and just as I was about to tell her I love her too she was gone.
I looked around for her calling for her to come back but she wasn't there.
"I love you too," I whispered and with that I put my cap on and walked out of the graveyard.
Life still goes on, but life isn't the same without her and it never will be.
I can only hope I'll join her when my time comes.
But a man like me isn't fit for heaven.