O N E

*Knock knock*

The loud banging on the door wakes Ethan up and he lets out a groan flipping over and covering his face with his black and grey pillow. His eyes start to close again when the banging is heard but louder this time, the people down the hall probably heard it, he groans loudly walking up to the door and looking through the keyhole. There he was, eyes closed, his entire body swaying back and fourth, drink staining his white shirt and his hair flopping in so many directions.

He's tempted who wouldn't be? The person you hate most, vulnerable, drunk most likely high lost his keys and standing outside half asleep, who wouldn't be tempted to just lock him out and say he was asleep and didn't wake up.

He was just gonna leave him there all night let him go to his friends to sleep there until someone from down the hall started shouting at Grayson as his fists continued to bang repeatedly on the door.

He rolls his eyes and opens the door, he's immediately pushed to the ground by a heavy force landing on his chest and mouth full of hair.

"Grayson get the fuck off me!" Ethan seethes through his teeth but Grayson doesn't budge, Ethan gathers all strength he could muster and pushes Grayson off him, to then have Grayson stand up and run to the bathroom they share.

All that was heard were the disgusting sounds of Grayson throwing up his guts into the toilet bowl, he stands up shutting the door locking it before walking over to his bed and climbing into it, the once warmth that surrounded him gone. He huffs in annoyance and gets up walking over to his drawers grabbing a shirt to put over his bare chest.

Grayson stumbles in looking pale and his bloodshot eyes, from being high and lack of sleep. To say Ethan doesn't know Grayson hasn't been sleeping for the past few days would be a lie, because every night Ethan is constantly kept awake by Grayson watching Netflix rather loudly, and ends up in Ethan raising his voice two few many times and receiving a minor noise complaint, and as usual he would go to his friends room and complain about everything, mostly Grayson then they would always reply with the same old bullshit solution: ask for a new roommate.

He couldn't do that 1. It's a war they've created, if he were to request for a new roommate then he would lose and that ultimately would show weakness, and Ethan he was not weak well he wouldn't let Grayson see that he was weak.

2. Grayson would probably do something to his new room, just to piss Ethan off

and 3. He's tried, at the start of college as soon as it all started he tried but they just said all rooms are booked and people won't swap and if someone did, their roommate hated everyone so he excepted his fate and dealt with it.

Ethan knows it's going terrible and he should've just lived off campus, it would have been a heck of a lot easier even if it was a 15 minute train journey, he would've chose that any day over what he has to go through now.

Ethan wants to hang himself, he should have just let Grayson get shouted at he would have eventually just left, his snores blare through the room it's always louder when he's drunk he has to be loud and obnoxious even when he's unconscious, sometimes Ethan get's this temptation to go over to Grayson and kill him in his sleep, but then he thinks about his family and then feels bad for even thinking of such a thing, like sure he's a terrible guy, but he has parents he's not sure whether he has siblings or not, like yeah he's messy and a slob, infuriates Ethan so much to the point where he wants to rip each others hair out but he wouldn't kill the guy.

Well, he's imagined it so many times in different ways, choking mostly, but he WOULD NEVER do it he's not a murderer, he's pretty sure if Grayson had the chance he would kill Ethan in a heart beat and honestly he would let him, he wouldn't fight him on it, he would just sit back and let Grayson do whatever he wants to do.

His thoughts eventually tire him out and he's met with a pure black, letting him slip away from the snoring, it's peaceful and quiet.

This is what Ethan wants in life. Peace.

***

A/N

This book is slightly inspired by TesxDol and Tilted_Dolanss book.

Hopefully i'll be able to get a little more further with this book and write more, also please vote and comment it would mean so much to me :)

***

Word count: 770

and i can't help but stare

'cause i see the truth

somewhere in your eyes.