T H R E E

"Fucking stop you asshole" Grayson shouts at Ethan, but he just continues to click his pen just like how Grayson keeps doing push ups on the floor and making rather loud and most certainly obnoxious moans and groans. There is no need for him to be making them noises, well as loud as he's doing it.

"I'll stop if you stop and that's the deal" Grayson huffs rather loudly and just looks at Ethan, stands up walks over to his Bluetooth speaker and turns it up louder just smirks at him and goes back to working out on the bedroom floor.

Ethan stands up and walks over to the speaker turning it down and scowling at Grayson, Grayson stands up turning back up. Their chests are close, too close he can literally feel Graysons heart beat, his cheeks heat up and he steps back pushing Graysons chest away just as soon as Grayson goes to push Ethan back the door bursts open and reveals a smart (ish) Lance, hair gelled back, cologne sprayed on him to the point where it's too much.

"We are going to Joe's party, rules are, you can't say no and if you do i'm... gonna do something" He chuckles pushing past Grayson who sits on his bed.

"No" Ethan just dead pans it, he's not gonna go even if his life depends on it.

"Look, Lance is it? Ethan no way in hell will go to a party he probably has highlighters to sort out" Grayson walks up to Lance and looks down at him.

"Actually you know what? I will go it seems like fun" Ethan gives Grayson a smirk and walks over to his draws pulling out some black ripped jeans, a white top and a leather jacket. He goes into the bathroom changing into the outfit, slipping on some black boots and looking in the mirror he then walks out of the bathroom straight to his drawers pulling out a black and white flannel wrapping it around my waist.

"Let's go" He shouts finally walking back into the room, all eyes fall on him and Lance just smirks at him. Graysons eyes rake Ethans body and then finally connecting their eyes, they both pull away immediately not liking the sudden eye contact.

"I'm coming" Grayson stands up pulling on a burgundy sweater, then putting on some white vans.

"No you're not" Lance puts his arm out stopping him from exiting the room.

"Yes i am" He looks down at Lance, Lance looks up rolls his eyes and releases his arm from Graysons chest

"Fine whatever" Lance walks out of the door Ethan following him, the door shuts after Grayson and they all head to the party.

The party was just off campus, it wasn't a long walk ten-fifteen minutes maximum, the music blasts out loud and the house isn't very big, which evidently means that it'll be cramped, hot and claustrophobic.

Grayson pushes open the door the smell of weed hitting their faces, the front hallway is crowded and they all walk through Ethan was pressed against Graysons back and his hands were in a very awkward places every time they would move forward his hands would touch Graysons ass and if Grayson could elbow Ethan he would, the small touches of his fingers were tickling him and he hates it.

Ethan could finally breath when they make it into the kitchen, drink and red solo cups splattered all over the place, his chest is finally removed from Graysons back and his hands were no longer basically cupping Graysons ass.

Ethan grabs a can of coke and thats it he doesn't really like to drink, he never used to be like this he was the life of the party he used to drink all the time in high school. He's shoved into the kitchen counter and his drink spills all over him.

He goes to shout at them only to see Grayson leaning against his back laughing at his friend going to push him back, he just rolls his eyes and moves out of the way.

"Yo Ethan" He hears his name being shouted he turns around to see a ball coming straight towards him, he catches it before it hits him in the face everyone stares at him shocked, because well they've never seen Ethan touch anything but a book before.

"Woah Ethan since when were you so quick" Graysons friend laughs at him, he claps his hand signalling to throw the ball back and that's what Ethan does, his raises his arm and throws the ball towards Ben. "That was a perfect arm, ever thought about joining the team?" He shakes his head

"I don't play" He lies.

"Bullshit Grant" Grayson shouts "That was a perfect throw almost better than mine"

"I don't play Grayson" Ethan walks out of the kitchen to have his arm held in place.

"Play beer pong with us, me and you against Bethany and Grayson" Ben looks at me, he looks over at Grayson who's tongue is down Bethany's throat.

"Um i don't know Ben it's not my thing" Ben looks at him with pleading eyes, and he knows he's not going to force him to play.

"Ben just leave it he won't play" Grayson taunts from the opposite side of the room.

"Actually i will play" Ethan smirks, from what he used to remember he was always the best player, he just hopes Grayson's not as good as everyone says he is.

"Didn't know you had it in you Grant" Grayson chuckles as Bethany leans on him happily smiling lipstick smudged.

"What can i say i love surprising people" Ethan grabs the small plastic ball. "So are we bouncing or not?" He looks at Ben and he shrugs.

"No bouncing" He smiles, Ethan nods and looks at the cups opposite him. He licks his lips takes in a breath and throws the ball exhaling, it goes straight in the cup and he smirks Grayson takes the cup and throws his head back letting the vodka go down his throat.

Grayson looks over to the cups in front of Ethan and throws the ball it lands perfectly into the cup, Ethan looks up to see Grayson smirking and he sees his arm wrapped around the girls waist, Ethan takes the drink and gulps it down the liquor burns his throat leaving a warm feeling in his chest.

Ball after ball, shot after shot, and the room starts to spin causing Ethan to lose his balance almost falling over until someone grabs him he looks up to see Grayson, it's been so long since he's had a drink and he's not used to it. Grayson pulls him up and his hand stays on the small of his back, Ethan won one game of beer pong and Grayson won the other game.

"Jesus Ethan stand up" Grayson groans trying to keep the both of them up until someone pulls Ethan away from Grayson.

"Don't touch Ethan" Noah slurs drunkenly and takes Ethan away from Grayson, Ethan stumbles making Noah and him fall to the floor, they lay there laughing with their legs entangled. Grayson holds out out his hand and Ethan takes it ,Noah taking Graysons hold after.

***

Word count: 1202

love is a losing game

one i wish i never played.

***