N I N E T E E N

Ethan closes the door quietly not wanting to wake Grayson up, he slowly walks down the corridor and out of the building he left lance and Noah and text telling them that he left earlier then expected because 'he misses his family' while that wasn't a completely lie he does miss his family he just wanted to get out of the room away from Grayson.

He can't spend another day with him what happened earlier that night was different and confusing, he doesn't know what it meant and it terrifies him every time that he thinks of it he feels something, something he definitely never thought that he would feel towards him.

He throws his suitcase into the boot of the car and sits in the passenger seat, he looks to his left and smiles. He gives his older brother a bro hug and chuckles pulling away

"Thank you for picking me up this early" Ethan thanks him he just shakes his head

"No problem i wasn't tired anyway" Elliot just smiles pulling out of the car park "How come you wanted to leave so early?"

"Oh um, my roommate was annoying me" Elliot just rolls his eyes obviously tired of hearing about him.

"I honestly think you two would actually like each other if you just talked, even Ellie said he was a good guy" He argues back

"You and Ellie don't know him the way i know him he's a prick" And has a big one at that he might mention.

"Maybe he is maybe he isn't, Ellie said he's nice and funny and the few days she spent with you he was one of the sweetest people shes ever met" Elliot pulls onto the motorway.

"Yeah well he decided to be nice when she was around as soon as she left all he did was revert back to the Grayson i know and hate" His pulse starts raising, he doesn't know why he's getting so triggered, maybe it's the fact that he's trying to convince his brain something else when his heart says something completely different.

"If i were to know any better i'd say you like the guy" Elliot jokes but his breath hitches and he looks out of the window but he can hear the smirk playing on his brothers stupid face. "Oh my god you do like him" He chuckles and punches Ethans shoulders jokingly.

"Shut up no i don't" Ethan punches him back

"Not when i'm driving are you crazy?" Elliot scream and Ethan just mimics him huffing loudly then looking out the window, he closes his eyes sleeping for the rest of the two hour journey ahead.

--

Grayson woke up in the middle of the night thirsty and dehydrated he stands up and tip toes into the bathroom he bends over the sink and swallows the water, he smiles in happiness finally no longer thirsty.

He walks back into the room and looks over to Ethans bed to see it empty his eyebrows furrow in confusion and he turns the light on, to see everything in his half of the bed gone. And the suitcase under his bed gone, something forms in his stomach and he's immediately put into a bad mood, he wanted to say goodbye to him he wanted to wish him a merry Christmas but because he fucking left he can't.

'i hate him' he thinks to himself switching the light off and walking back to his bed, snuggling into his quilts he brings the hoodie up to his face and sniffs it the smell of Ethan immediately hitting his nose, he throws the hoodie on the floor somewhere by his bed.

Stupid fucking Ethan

***

Word count: 616

when you walk by, I try to say it

but then I freeze, and never do it

my tongue gets tied, the words get trapped

i hear the beat of my heart getting louder, whenever I'm near you

***