F I F T E E N

"First we need to see what position you are" The coach walks over to Ethan patting his shoulder and passing him the ball. "Grayson go long" Grayson gives Ethan a death stare and runs down the field.

"Throw it to him" Ethan takes a deep breath and throws the ball down the field releasing the breath. Grayson catches it with one hand: that was hot, Ethan thought before he could stop himself he shakes his head getting rid of the thought.

The coach gave Ethan his position and asked for his jersey number to which Ethan replied with #8. Ethan walked out of the changing rooms with his new varsity jacket in his hands and a cigarette in the other, it wasn't something he wanted to get addicted to but when Noah lit one up near him and took a drag he loved the feeling of relief and calmness wash over him since then it's how he copes.

"Ethan!" Grayson jogs up next to him coughing at the foul smoke flowing off the poison in Ethans fingers. "What the fuck are you doing?" Grayson hisses.

"Um smoking?" Ethan takes another drag.

"No not that dick-ward joining the team i know you're doing it just to piss me off" Grayson grabs Ethans arms and stops him from moving.

"Don't fucking touch me" Ethan sneers "I joined because i miss playing not to piss you off" Ethan half lies, 15% was to piss him off.

"Ethan" Grayson jumps up and down like a kid frustrated "Say you don't want to anymore please" Grayson pleads Ethan smirks knowing how much this is peeing him off.

"No" Ethan walks away throwing the cigarette on the floor and walks into the building Grayson trails behind wallowing and sighing loudly every so often. "Shut up Grayson" Ethan gives him a side look and reaches for the door knob opening it "Why don't you shut the door? Do you want someone to steal stuff?" Ethan stops in his tracks seeing a brown haired girl, with tanned skin and familiar green eyes sat on his bed. Grayson bumps into Ethan about to shout at him until he sees the girl in his room.

"Ellie?" Ethan asks cautiously

"Ellie? Who's Ellie?" Grayson looks at Ellie and Ethan still confused.

"My sister, what are you doing here?" She gets up and hugs him

"Sister wait what?" Grayson looks between them

" I did something stupid really stupid E and i don't know how to tell mom" She cries

"What, what is it? What did you do?" He checks her for any injuries but she grabs his wrists and he stops confusedly.

"I'm, p-pregnant" Tears fall down her face and Ethans jaw drops Grayson shuts the door and walks over to his bed sitting down quietly.

"Do i, do i know the dad?" Ethan questions

"Ethan, you don't need to know that" Ethan shakes his head

"No who is it?" She looks to the side and takes a deep breath in

"Holdens" Ethan removes his wrists from her grip

"Holden? My best friend holden?" She nods her head

"How did? Why did you even? What? How?" Ethan stutter unable to form a question

"I don't know it just happened" She sits down again

"Can i stay just for a few days? I'll be out of your way i'll stay at the cafe down the road all day or something please?" Ethan looks at Grayson who shrugs his shoulders.

"If Grayson doesn't mind, but i don't get where you would sleep" She looks at Grayson and he just smiles

"I'm fine with it i don't care she can have your bed" Grayson looks up at Ethan.

"Okay so where am i gonna sleep?" Ethan turns his head to Grayson

"With me we can top and tail or something" Grayson says Ethan looks at his sister and sighs

"Only because it's for her" She claps her hands hugging her brother again.

"Thank you Thank you Thank you" She releases and walks over to Grayson giving him a hug, he stiffens up and hugs her back his eyes still on Ethan who just rolls his eyes.

"I hate you" Ethan mouths to Grayson who sticks his middle finger up at him

"Fuck you"

***

Word count: 706

i like your pants by your feet

and i like the dirt on your knees

and i like the way you still say please

while you look up at me

***