He lives here now?

Happy watched the pair jump into the car. There was a certain thrill in the air, intensity... It was like the two of them communicated through their minds.

Peter sighed as he sat down on his seat. He really didn't want Tony's help. He didn't want to come with him? Couldn't he just live in a foster home or something?

"Kid, you gotta buckle up", Tony said after he buckled himself but Peter just crossed his arms over his chest and looked out the window as he shrunk deeper into the seat, "Fine, I'll do it".

Tony reached over Peter and buckled him like a baby with a sigh before Happy drove them to the tower.

Once they reached the elevator Peters eyes were puffy and red along with a glancing shine. Of course, that's what they would look like if someone had been crying for the past 24 hours.

"Which floor, sir?" Friday asked and closed the elevator doors, leaving Peter and Tony alone.

"Top." Tony answered and looked down on his watch.

"Mr. Keener informs you that him and the avengers are to be back tomorrow morning." Tony looked over at Peter who just tried to look anywhere but at Tony.

Tony knew Harley was the real reason for all of this, the reason he hadn't come to the tower, the reason everyone forgot about him.

The doors opened and Peter made his way to the room he used to have.

"Wait," Tony tried stopping Peter, but when he entered the bedroom he was too late.

The room that was once decorated in Peters belongings was now strangely unfamiliar. He noticed the box in the corner filled with the photo of Aunt May and him among with his homemade suit and other things.

Peter just walked back out, not giving the slightest look at Tony.

Shit, Tony really had messed up. He realized that now. The only thing proving Peter hade been in the tower before was the box in his old room and the camera footage from the security systems.

Peter walked into the living room and took a spot on the couch. He didn't think he would, but immediately after he closed his eyes he fell into a sleep that was everything but peaceful.

Tony that had walked behind him finally caught up and noticed Peter.
He took a blanket that was placed under the coffee table and covered Peter.

-

Noises and voices woke Peter up, he stretched his arms and sat up on the sofa.

He could tell whom it was in the kitchen.

The avengers had come home, together with a certain Harley.

"So how'd I do?" Harleys voice echoed in Peters head. Gosh how he hated him.

"Great! Most kids in your age wouldn't be able to handle a situation like that," Steve told him as Natasha and Clint nodded smilingly.

Peter decided to leave the room.
He stood up, put the blanket around him and made his way to the stairs for the roof. But of course, he would have to cross the kitchen. Great.

The room got silent as he walked past them, not saying a word. He didn't even look at them, he knew the guilt they felt would be enough.

"Peter? What are you doing here?" Steve asked and put his fork down.

"Apparently I live here now." He muttered and went out of sight for the others.

"What does he mean 'he lives here now" Natasha asked and looked over at Harley who just shrugged his shoulders.

"Friday, could you ask Tony to come in here?" Clint asked the AI but didn't really have to, as the man himself appeared from the big hallway.

"I'm here?" Tony stood in front of the others and scratched his beard.

"Whats Peter Parker doing here?" Steve asked, still not touching his fork.

"Harley, could you go to your room?" Harley stood up and brushed his hands over the plate, then disappeard out of sight.

"What's this about?" Clint asked. The three of them were very confused and curious.

"May Parker died yesterday, I'm taking Peter in," Tony answered and poured some coffee into a mug, "we left him. He lived alone for three weeks guys. How could we come to this?"

Natasha rested her head in her hands, Clint touched his food a little with his fork, Steve massaged his temples with his hands. No one knew.
How could they have come to this?
How could they have totally forgotten about that kid? The kid that lit up their days? The kid that was always smiling?

"We just need to give him time."